New take on acclimatisation of corals.

redeyejedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its coming from a tank with ALK @ 7 to a tank of ALK @ 12 couldnt it be considered more stress by just dumping it in?

Arent we all trying to avoid parameter swings and to try and create stability. Ive always drip acclimated corals, simply to give them a better rate of stability in what ever differences in parameters their might be. Is it worth it, no idea. Some do, some dont.
I know what your saying but all i know is i dont and have never lost any and all are open and happy within a hour of being in the tank.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what your saying but all i know is i dont and have never lost any and all are open and happy within a hour of being in the tank.
It's interesting as I don't know anybody who doesn't mix the waters before adding a coral. I know people myself included who don't mix the water to introduce fish without a problem.

redeyejedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's interesting as I don't know anybody who doesn't mix the waters before adding a coral. I know people myself included who don't mix the water to introduce fish without a problem.
The funny thing is the only thing i do acclimatise is fish lol. I know someone with a coral farm and he told me not to bother with coral. All i know is its never caused a issue.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back