New tangs

rynosaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a beginner question about icy, if I could just ask a dumb question. If my pet store hold a tang for a few weeks and the fish is healthy and shows no sign of sickness, does this mean I can skip the quarantine process? My mind tells me that I can. The fact that the fish is healthy in his tank means I can transfer him to mine and be just fine. Or is this wrong?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a beginner question about icy, if I could just ask a dumb question. If my pet store hold a tang for a few weeks and the fish is healthy and shows no sign of sickness, does this mean I can skip the quarantine process? My mind tells me that I can. The fact that the fish is healthy in his tank means I can transfer him to mine and be just fine. Or is this wrong?

This is a good question and I think part of the answer is related to how much risk you are willing to take. Personally I would still quarantine any new fish and livestock. Good luck!

#tang #quarantine

OP
OP
rynosaurus

rynosaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m ok with a little risk lol. Has anyone else tried this or have any advise

steveb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its always a gamble. The entire time they are holding the fish for you more than likely other fish are cycling through their system.

What did you end up doing?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back