New Tank - 100 Gallon Seaclear system II Set up advice

vvillaluna81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Where do I get that piece?

i supposed I could always plug it, and drill the top of the tank for return.
I prefer not to do that. Any ideas?

Also. Do you use a standard air pump for the airline tube you have there?

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will have to hit up a plumbing/hardware store and buy a bib adapter that you can fit into that hole that the hose can attach to. I use a small usb powered air pump from amazon that I hang under the tank. Any air pump will work. Its just to provide extra oxygen for the bacteria in the bio media section.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://fishtanksdirect.com/fish-tanks/fish-tanks-by-brand/seaclear-fish-tanks/seaclear-parts/ has all the spare parts there is a return kit that might include that part but all the image links are broken so I can't tell for sure. You can try asking the guys there at fish tanks direct. They might be able to help you figure it out. These are the guys I got mine from and who I ordered replacement parts from. You will want to get the filter louvre and filters as well. You should need the 24" for the 75gallon.

gmdeguire27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

Just came across this old thread I just bought a used 75gal seaclear system 2 used for cheap and was wondering what people have used for a skimmer. also has anyone dealt with the connection port for the return pump being completely broke off and what they did? I'm debating just plugging all the holes and drilling a hole up top to do my own return

20230122_213305.jpg

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can cut the bulk head out off the tank and put new one in . And do what you want. Or you can do it your way . I mean your way sounds better to me. For the return anyway.

gmdeguire27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you do you know what kind of skimmer you could fit in these I have a remora c and the maxijet 1200 will fit if I take the filter cap off but I would like to try to keep stuff from getting into the pump

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curve 5 but you have to have 7 to 8 inches of water for it. Small foot print pump inside good litte work hours.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back