New tank and member of R2R

mdcmonster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a new (ish) member of R2R. I have been on the site for about 3 months now and have decided it is time to start a build thread. I have no idea if this is where I should do it but it seems as good a place as any.
I had a tank when I was in high school that was a 20g that I plumbed with a sump. I really liked it but never got into the corals due to not having good lighting and not much money. I am going into my third year of college soon and have a 20g NUVO that has been up and running for 2 months now. I built a custom stand for it and I currently run 2 kessil a80s on it. I plan to only keep soft and lps corals along with the fish and inverts I currently have. It cycled in about 2.5 weeks and laid fallow another 2 or so weeks. That is when I started stocking. I added a pair of clownfish as tester fish. I knew my tank was ready but wanted to see how they would do. At the time I planned on taking them out after a month and replacing them with some designer clowns but now I like them too much and have seen them grow. I then added a watchman goby and his partner the pistol shrimp. They immediately got to work on their burrows and currently seem to be doing really well.
IMG-6055.png
IMG-5570.JPG
IMG-6053.JPG

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a new (ish) member of R2R. I have been on the site for about 3 months now and have decided it is time to start a build thread. I have no idea if this is where I should do it but it seems as good a place as any.
I had a tank when I was in high school that was a 20g that I plumbed with a sump. I really liked it but never got into the corals due to not having good lighting and not much money. I am going into my third year of college soon and have a 20g NUVO that has been up and running for 2 months now. I built a custom stand for it and I currently run 2 kessil a80s on it. I plan to only keep soft and lps corals along with the fish and inverts I currently have. It cycled in about 2.5 weeks and laid fallow another 2 or so weeks. That is when I started stocking. I added a pair of clownfish as tester fish. I knew my tank was ready but wanted to see how they would do. At the time I planned on taking them out after a month and replacing them with some designer clowns but now I like them too much and have seen them grow. I then added a watchman goby and his partner the pistol shrimp. They immediately got to work on their burrows and currently seem to be doing really well.
IMG-6055.png
IMG-5570.JPG
IMG-6053.JPG
Welcome. Very nice tank and you did a good job. Also, I am glad you didn’t dispose the fish like they don’t mean anything.

OP
OP
mdcmonster

mdcmonster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG-6049.JPG
IMG-6119.JPG
IMG-6147.JPG

Some extra pictures. My watchman and pistol shrimp as well as my hammer that I got yesterday from the LFS. That was him when I first stuck him in there after his dip and then again later that night. I was very happy and pleased with how quickly he opened up. Made me very sure of my water quality and flow!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

crab.gif

It looks like you're off to a good start - a new tank and a new member of a great reefing community!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice work on stand. Glad you joined us

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG-6055.png
IMG-5570.JPG
IMG-6053.JPG
Welcome to the club and yes, please do a build thread.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back