New tank build after 15 year hiatus.

Tråsh_Påndå

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a tank a bunch of years ago but life got in the way and I fell out of the hobby. Life has settled down and I am now in a position to build a tank again and don’t have to go the inexpensive route. My plan is the following:
Red Sea Max E 260 in Black
Apex Full Dream setup with full water parameter monitoring, dosing, feeding, etc.
Tunze 3155 ATO with 10 gallon trigger tank
BRS 7 stage pro RO/DI 200 GPD setup
I am planning on running a soft coral/fish tank. Mainly Zoas/Palys, Toads, Hammers, Bubbles, Duncan’s, Torches, Pulsing Zenia, and mushrooms
1/10th Chiller, plus a full battery backup in case of power loss

I travel for work about 3 weeks out of the month but my local fish store offers monthly tank maintenance for 125 per month, so I’ll have them do my water changes and cleanings. Can anyone help guide me along on anything else I may need to get set up properly?

OP
OP
T

Tråsh_Påndå

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to consider a Reefer G2 with sump to give you more options for equipment - like the ReefMat, a UV sterilizer, etc.
I actually started looking at a Cade system last night. I kind of like the idea of having the sump and better options for customizing it the way I want. Any thoughts on Cade?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually started looking at a Cade system last night. I kind of like the idea of having the sump and better options for customizing it the way I want. Any thoughts on Cade?
Cade systems are fantastic. If you can swing it get a Cade and don't look back!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back