New tank build Red Sea 425 deluxe

Discussion in 'Middle Tennessee Reef Club' started by Jblunkall, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Jblunkall

Jblunkall Active Member MTRCMember Partner Member 2018

This will be my first tank build that is all new and starting from scratch. All of my other tanks were purchased already set up and just moved and reset up. I have a 180 set up now so I will be downsizing, but it’s an upgrade in my opinion. I’m pretty excited to see the difference it makes if any.

It is the Red Sea 425 deluxe. I will be using Marco shelf dry rock and dry sand. Still trying to figure out which sand we want to use. This tank is going in my office and a buddy of mine that works with me is helping with the build. So it is both of ours tank and I think it will be easier on maintenance with both of us taking care of it. Here are some pictures so far. We did a mock set up with the rock and trying to decide which aquascape we want to go with. They both look good to me so it’s a hard decision. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

novajohn01 likes this.
    Tags:

2. Denisk

Denisk Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

If you’re going to want more sps, I say go with the aquascape that has the bridge. If you plan on wanting things to fill out really big, go with the second one. But in my opinion, both options are great!!

I downgraded/upgraded from a 150 to a reefer 350. It seems to be happening to a lot of us haha

Good luck with the build!!

Jblunkall likes this.
  3. LbulletM

LbulletM Valuable Member R2R Supporter MTRCMember Build Thread Contributor

I always prefer negative space (the second one).

Jblunkall and Pongo like this.
  4. Pongo

Pongo Active Member R2R Supporter

Yep, my preference would be negative space too.

But both are nice and really it depends on your vision of what you want the tank to look like 3 years from now with corals growing up, out and into each other.

Jblunkall likes this.
  5. MikeyTN

MikeyTN Active Member MTRCMember

Its looking good!!! Love the rocks!

Jblunkall likes this.
  6. Jblunkall

Jblunkall Active Member MTRCMember Partner Member 2018

[​IMG]

Haven’t done much to the tank. I have been focused on moving my corals that I’m keeping to a quarantine/frag tank to get rid of any pests I see and/or any I don’t see. Will be getting rid of any aptasia I can see and dipping corals for any other pests I don’t see. Trying to be more cautious with this build to minimize as much as I can.

MikeyTN and Chiefmaster30 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted