OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my suggestion is make mock up of both tanks out if cheap PVC ( think wall) or cardboard and get the feel for it. I think you will know in a day or two what "feels right".

I believe the tank you are looking at is even longer lead time. I suggest contacting WB so you dont get to excited.
Great idea!!! And good idea. As I'm not looking for this until oct or nov or even Dec, I hope it will be good by then

One thing I like about WB is the glass overflow and just the clean looks and complete plumbing

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
omg!! Wow, not sure how you'll manage that! At least with my tank doing so horrid with corals, I only have a few rocks with softies to move. I have some zoes I was going to glue to rockwork, but I think I'll keep them on small frag rocks to grow onto and then I can glue them to their own "zoa" garden rock. Awesome corals!!

20210321_122853.jpg
Well it's happening now started a new thread didn't want to hijack this one, got it today, stroke of luck.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's happening now started a new thread didn't want to hijack this one, got it today, stroke of luck.
wow! Congrats. Will follow along!! I love when 1 thread ignites others lol's

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's bring the head honcho himself and see if he wants to throw his hat in the ring.
@Joe Glass Cages
Thanks for the mention @Jekyl ..... we would love to support this journey! even if another builder is selected. eduction is the fun part at this stage. Sometimes all the custom things we desire cannot fit in to a pre-made box. Always available to assist!

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 2nd this. I know you want a PnP system but they do make stands as well. I bet they could do a complete PKG deal for you worth talking to them as see.
joe@glasscages is a great guy to talk to about tanks builds I have talked to him many times about a possible tank down the road.

keep in mind the stands are around 1M I believe that's like 40 something inches. I am 5'7" and on my RS650P I need the set stool to reach the bottom of the tank.

my suggestion is make mock up of both tanks out if cheap PVC ( think wall) or cardboard and get the feel for it. I think you will know in a day or two what "feels right".

new tanks are exciting enjoy the journey!

PS :I reached out to WB about pre order tanks for there black Friday ( blue Monday sale event ) so they would know how many to order and have it in stock. with all the supply chain issues I thought it was a great idea. but sadly they said nah, we would rather have you wait 6-8 weeks or more from the order date to get it.
Ok OK they did not say the last part but they still said no to pre order/ prepay. I guess I cant blame em price will prob. go up anyway.

I believe the tank you are looking at is even longer lead time. I suggest contacting WB so you dont get to excited.
Thanks so much for the support @Devaji

I am so proud of the Glass Cages team. they are doing amazing things!

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I might have a change of plans. Per Waterbox, they can't even say when they can open backorders. The fish store also checked, and same thing. It might not happen even this year!! Even though I'm in no rush, I may have to consider the Red Sea Reefer S 1000. Anyone have? It is new.

Less than 2" taller tank
4" shorter in length
210 display volume instead of 231
25.6 wide instead of 29.5
60" tall, 3 inches taller over all.
265 total water vs 320
1500 less cost
Plus I have a fish store who can order, assemble and set it up in the room I want.

So it doesn't seem as though I'll be out too much. The other waterbox is available for backorder but I don't want to give up the length (72/83).

Now I have to change the build thread title-if that is possible lol's. Thoughts on this change of plans? I'm disappointed but not much to do about it except keep moving forward.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I might have a change of plans. Per Waterbox, they can't even say when they can open backorders. The fish store also checked, and same thing. It might not happen even this year!! Even though I'm in no rush, I may have to consider the Red Sea Reefer S 1000. Anyone have? It is new.

Less than 2" taller tank
4" shorter in length
265 total water vs 320
1500 less cost
Plus I have a fish store who can order, assemble and set it up in the room I want.

So it doesn't seem as though I'll be out too much. The other waterbox is available for backorder but I don't want to give up the length (72/83).

Now I have to change the build thread title-if that is possible lol's. Thoughts on this change of plans? I'm disappointed but not much to do about it except keep moving forward.

I would still either call or email glasscages.com. pretty sure they can set you up a P&P system.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Less than 2" taller tank
4" shorter in length
265 total water vs 320
1500 less cost

Hey Susan,
yeah I figured it would be awhile for the WB. I dont know to much about that RS tank I do have the 650P tho.

here is another option: the cade 2100S2
at a great price point too. with extras to boot :)
the folks over at @AlgaeBarn are rocking the cade tanks.

PS: looks like its a 20 week lead time. order now and have it by Xmass. the ship the stand build with sump in it. so no building there.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Devaji will check them out as well. And see if the LFS is willing to go that route--I want them to do the heavy set up lol's
dont blame you. if your LFS can get the RS S model and set it up for you kinda a know brainier eh. my 650P took 4 guys to get it in the house. of course I did move my RS750 just with 3 guys dont don't that was stupid and painful.

+ it's always nice to have a good relationship with a good LFS mine is 2.5hrs each way.

Last edited:

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues getting the tank to its resting place? 14” doesn’t sound like alot, but we almost didn’t manage my WBP7225 up the stairs and landing (originally planned for a 6025).

Just an oversight on my part that could have been super annoying. LOL.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a 7' front, the eurobracing of the RS is a big plus. Having a LFS that deals with it means if there is an issue you don't have to do anything, just have them work it out with RS.
Very good point

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues getting the tank to its resting place? 14” doesn’t sound like alot, but we almost didn’t manage my WBP7225 up the stairs and landing (originally planned for a 6025).

Just an oversight on my part that could have been super annoying. LOL.
No. Just into entry, down hall and into office. Will need to shove desk aside and maybe bookcase. Will redo office soon to clear that spot

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Buy as large as you can afford, bearing in mind weight and space requirements (acrylic is lighter in weight). Do a full analysis as to equipment needed, electrical costs, Maintenance, and cost of rock, etc.
Ive owned Glass cages with No complaint. Planet aquarium also reputable.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be contacting @AlgaeBarn for more info on the cade. There isn't a lot of difference in the main features.

RS-- 210 display, 265 total 55 gal sump no ato 82x25x60, no control cabinet but a duel sump
Cade--234 display, 282 total 48 gal sump 32g ato 82x29 (25) x25 Has control cabinet and dry area of cabinet

I don't know cabinet specs like materials for the Cade. Red Sea looks strong and sturdy but they did have those fails.

I'm emailing the fish guy tonight so I'll see what he says about the Cade. If he can't get them, that will answer my question as I want them to do the set up. I'm also going to go to another lfs I know has the tanks on display (I hope-they do not have a phone number as they are too busy!). The place I'll use doesn't have them on display-strictly fish and corals.

Man, I thought I had this all figured out lol's. And yeah, I'll also pm joe lol's. Trouble there, is if I can still get my lfs to do the set up if they don't order the tank/stand.

Well, all part of the journey, right. Should add this to my tank build as part of my process

Back