New Tank Decision for my Dream Tank

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have your Local Fish Store register here to become a Cade dealer :) https://www.cadeusa.com/dealer-sign-up
CADE cabinets are constructed using 100% waterproof materials (even the magnetic door closes are concealed inside the framework to prevent them corroding) The stands are made from anodized aluminum. :)

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing about the Cade that can be a positive or negative. The ATO is along the back of the tank. Benefit is that there is a flat back (no overflow in the tank). Negative is it may limit where you can mount certain pumps.
That is a good point.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be contacting @AlgaeBarn for more info on the cade. There isn't a lot of difference in the main features.

RS-- 210 display, 265 total 55 gal sump no ato 82x25x60, no control cabinet but a duel sump
Cade--234 display, 282 total 48 gal sump 32g ato 82x29 (25) x25 Has control cabinet and dry area of cabinet

I don't know cabinet specs like materials for the Cade. Red Sea looks strong and sturdy but they did have those fails.

I'm emailing the fish guy tonight so I'll see what he says about the Cade. If he can't get them, that will answer my question as I want them to do the set up. I'm also going to go to another lfs I know has the tanks on display (I hope-they do not have a phone number as they are too busy!). The place I'll use doesn't have them on display-strictly fish and corals.

Man, I thought I had this all figured out lol's. And yeah, I'll also pm joe lol's. Trouble there, is if I can still get my lfs to do the set up if they don't order the tank/stand.

Well, all part of the journey, right. Should add this to my tank build as part of my process
sounds like you are getting some clarity @Susan Edwards. CADE is a great choice.

You are right, this is a journey. Speed can hurt. try to enjoy every step. Learn at every step. realize patience is the key in this journey. you have a ton of support here on R2R. you are not alone. lean on everyone here. support is always available.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like you are getting some clarity @Susan Edwards. CADE is a great choice.

You are right, this is a journey. Speed can hurt. try to enjoy every step. Learn at every step. realize patience is the key in this journey. you have a ton of support here on R2R. you are not alone. lean on everyone here. support is always available.
thanks. I'm on hold until more info comes in. Contacted the lfs I use (an hour away lol's) for suggestions and pricing, including delivery and set up--mainly get the tank in the house and on the stand. If I have part of my scape done, I'll have them put it in the tank, and the starboard and go from there depending on what they quote me. It is exciting and daunting at the same time.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks. I'm on hold until more info comes in. Contacted the lfs I use (an hour away lol's) for suggestions and pricing, including delivery and set up--mainly get the tank in the house and on the stand. If I have part of my scape done, I'll have them put it in the tank, and the starboard and go from there depending on what they quote me. It is exciting and daunting at the same time.
The joys of setting up a new tank! :p Let us know if you have any more questions on Cade and we would be happy to help!

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The joys of setting up a new tank! :p Let us know if you have any more questions on Cade and we would be happy to help!
I do like the Cade-though not sure on not being able to put my equipment on the back wall. I'm waiting to see what my lfs recommends or is willing to do as I need them for the set up lol's.

It is a journey for sure

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A decision!! I am going with the Red Sea Reefer 3xl 900.

The space I need for the tank needs that extra 3 inches. This tank is 79". Over 80 makes it so I can get a step stool on each end. It will be touch and go as it is if the cabinet sticks out lol's
So thanks for all the imput. Here is my office. The tank takes half the room lol's. Had to move out everything else. nOw to find places for it all!

20210620_181044.jpg
20210620_194521.jpg

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass cages is not a place to get a good price.
I wasn't too price concerned but more simplicity this time around with a plug n play system. I've heard a lot of good things about Glass Cages and would have considered custom if my needs had been different. Red Seas are not cheap either lol's.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to your build journey ! I'd love a larger tank but space won't allow it w current arrangement. That and our 5 yr olds toy store lol
Thanks, and I remember those days well!!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A decision!! I am going with the Red Sea Reefer 3xl 900.

The space I need for the tank needs that extra 3 inches. This tank is 79". Over 80 makes it so I can get a step stool on each end. It will be touch and go as it is if the cabinet sticks out lol's
So thanks for all the imput. Here is my office. The tank takes half the room lol's. Had to move out everything else. nOw to find places for it all!

20210620_181044.jpg
20210620_194521.jpg

Heck yeah Susan, really helps to lay it out in the room Eh?
nice cat BTW it will enjoy the tank too. :)

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass cages is not a place to get a good price.
@Celestion thanks for sharing. Great feedback. Would you mind sharing more details? Not a good price when compared with what other products or custom builds?

Sometimes its not a fit and thats ok. There is a fit for everyone based on needs, wants and desires. Not sure if price is your only decision criteria or not. There is a fit for everyone based on the needs of the buyer.

Here to support and learn. We will continue to support even if a different custom builder is selected. All good. We love the journey!

Thanks again!

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back