New tank how to prevent cross contamination help please

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a new tank and I'm looking for some advice. I am moving my 15gal into a 75gal aquarium. Very exciting!!!! So I need some advice because I have vermetid snails, bristle worms and hair algae. The bristle worms and hair algae arnt really a concern but the snails are a very big concern. Whatever species I have spread like wild fire and my rocks look like something out of hellreaiser. I have already moved my 2 paired clowns to the new tank I moved with a net to a bucket then another bucket then to the new tank. My questions are

1 - I have 2 MP10s on the old tank (I know super overkill they are barely on I was looking to the future) and a larger DC return pump that I all want to move to the new tank. How long should I soak in citric acid to nuke everything on the equipment or should I soak in something else?

2 - I have a toadstool coral that I'm fond of and its on a plug. I will have to remove the coral from the plug but can I just dunk that in a couple of different buckets and transfer it into the new tank?

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few hours soaking in citric acid should kill anything alive.

There shouldn't be any vermetids on the toadstool itself, since it's soft.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back