OP
D

Drewb628

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as an update I got all of the fish in the QT since last night. I dosed it with ICH-X. The tang is looking much better. The tang and the clown fish are all doing well, though they ate less than normal today (but are eating).

My blenny on the other hand isn't doing great. He is very lethargic and didn't eat. Not sure if it's the transition or the velvet is hitting him harder. I can't see any visible signs of it, but my understanding is it could be in his gills. Thought about doing a fresh water dip on him to be safe, but if he's just stressed worried that might push him over the edge.

JaykS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way, prepare to quarantne for best effectiveness for treatment. If you dont have it, on way home grab Mardel Parashield or Kordon Ich attack. Copper/cupramine is best but a little more harsher.
Copper treats ich and velvet

JaykS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah hadn't put any corals or inverts into my tank yet luckily. Going to be a long 72 days for my fish in QT lol. Yeah lights are already off. Pretty sure I read somewhere to increase the temp a little as well, but haven't done that yet.
76 days is recommended for ich when going fallow

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back