New tank issues - need advice

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cell called it first

at no time here and in the last few weeks or months of that setup has ammonia been an issue, or lack of surface area, that opening pic is every reef from the board pretty much in scale and ratio of critical details.

considering water quality and disease are the likely causes, you dont have to test for anything above temp and salinity for the next 3 months. worry about digital v nondigital later on, you need the water change work to guide the tank back into compliance for a while.

lift out rocks, wash off in saltwater over the sink, set clean rocks back, do a water change and clean the walls off/standard tank care is what's indicated here. not a param of any type you should be testing for, an action set is needed here.

for twenty years, most of the entire website nano-reef.com is tank running just common weekly water changes and not testing much at all, you're falling back on that known safe mode until you choose to get test precision test gear. approximating in tests is less helpful than simple preemptive water changes weekly.

in the mean time, be reading disease forum on fallow and quarantine, this system has to be fallowed now that fish losses are in place.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back