New tank, low population, 3 week's holiday....doable?

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, got a 10g aio with skimmer, chaeto reactor, ATO, fish feeder, I've replaced mesh sock with filter floss cup. Tank is fairly new, started in June with Dr Tim fishless cycling. Inside I have 2 ocellaris, 1 amboniensis, 2 turbo, 3 nassarius, 1 xenia oulsing, 1 toadstool and 1 briareum. All are small frag.

I have to go in holiday 3 week's near end of October. No one can come check.

Is it doable to come back and find all still alive? Any advice in how to get organised?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, got a 10g aio with skimmer, chaeto reactor, ATO, fish feeder, I've replaced mesh sock with filter floss cup. Tank is fairly new, started in June with Dr Tim fishless cycling. Inside I have 2 ocellaris, 1 amboniensis, 2 turbo, 3 nassarius, 1 xenia oulsing, 1 toadstool and 1 briareum. All are small frag.

I have to go in holiday 3 week's near end of October. No one can come check.

Is it doable to come back and find all still alive? Any advice in how to get organised?
Can your tank go 3 weeks without your intervention now? If not, it probably won't be able to next month...

Can you ask someone from your LFS to stop by?

OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can your tank go 3 weeks without your intervention now? If not, it probably won't be able to next month...

Can you ask someone from your LFS to stop by?
at the moment i don't know, i have started to populate the tank 2 weeks ago. I live up in the mountaint, no LFS here.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd give the tank to someone to take care of while you're gone. It is simply not that hard to just pick up a 10 gallon tank and move it.

If that's not an option, I'd look at putting up some type of closed canopy over the tank, and perhaps adding an airstone for additional agitation and oxygenation. I'd be most worried with evaporation and feeding, and a closed canopy will certainly help with that.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back