OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i actually also removed the damsels from the tank i did add a baby maroon clown but i have 2 perculas im hoping they get along but i know chances may be slim

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s because clowns are very territorial and your percs are established while the maroon is the new addition. It may work and it may not depending on size, gender, and how aggressive your dominant perc is.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea but I see the maroon running and the perch actually clamped on the maroons take but he got away. Do you think the perc is gonna kill the maroon or it may stop?

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a good chance she’ll kill it, unless the maroon turns male...but if there’s already biting like that it’s doubtful

timnem70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good advice. I had to get rid of a Larger clown because he was terrorizing a small mated pair of Pink Skunks. Obviously, the larger had to go.
That’s because clowns are very territorial and your percs are established while the maroon is the new addition. It may work and it may not depending on size, gender, and how aggressive your dominant perc is.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
friday, i ended up taking the maroon back to the store he was getting attacked too much, so much that he was trying to hide. i picked up 2 cardinals and a emperor angelfish hoping he will get along with the bi color and coral beauty?. I know they get large its a very small juvenile, once it grows a bit more i plan to get a bigger tank

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cardinals will be fine, Angel should be fine with the dwarfs, but yes you will need to upgrade tank size to at least a 200g IMO to keep long term as it will get around a 12” as an adult.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good, i also added another 20lbs of live rock, so i have 60lbs on the 60 gallon tank this wont cause me to run another cycle adding additional rock?

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a possibility of a mini cycle from any die off on the live rock, plus you added 3 more fish. Smaller tanks have a harder time buffering change especially when they’re as new as yours.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would it be a good idea to add some more bacteria in liquid form, or anything i can add to avoid the chance?

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7013.jpg

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
friday i notice he has something appears to look like a white string do you know what this could be?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back