New Tank Please HELP!

Valent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do fresh water bath for one or two minuts but not top water.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean put him in distilled water for 2 minutes? What do you meant by reverse osmosis without clorox

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could possibly be a very bad case of fin rot, which is a bacterial infection. A fresh water bath isn’t gonna do much for a bacterial infection, it’s more for relief from flukes and Ich before you start treatment, and the stress alone from trying it could kill him.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he died, you would think your water tests perfect and stays stable, and fish still die, wondering if they sold me the fish that was sick at this point.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 out of my 3 cardinals also died the next day as well, tested water 3 days in a row 0ppm everything this is unexplainable. All other fish my 2 angles 2 clowns are all well and have been good for about 2 months that ive had them. Water continues to test perfect im completely discouraged at this point lol, doing everything right water good and fish still die or buying them sick.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_7014.jpg

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good portion of fish that are sold have some type of disease, which is why people quarantine. Quarantining also prevents spreading disease to your display tank. There are some diseases like Ich or Velvet that if introduces to your tank could potentially kill all of your fish.

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, basically a tank you can put new fish in to observe, treat for any disease and get eating.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just yesterday I noticed my bicolor angel was laying low on the tank and not swimming as actively as he usually does. Today in the morning I saw one of his fins look torn or hurt. He cant move or swim on that side, but he does move around on the bottom of the tank. He looks like he's breathing rapidly. He's yellow color also looks like its fading and has some red or pinkish spots as if he's bruised or something like that. Here are some pics.

IMG_7036.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7038.jpg

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a bacterial infection again. The redness, torn fin, and rapid breathing are symptoms.

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it’s a bacteria that Kanaplex treats, Metroplex is another medication for different bacteria that can be mixed with Kanaplex. However IMO your symptoms sound like Septicemia which is treatable with Kanaplex. Since you don’t have a quarantine tank you’ll still need to mix it with Focus to soak your food in it. If he’s not eating then mixing with food obviously won’t help.

timnem70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
STOP BUYING ANIMALS. GET YOURSELF SOME WORTHWHILE GEAR(LIGHTS, FILTRATION ETC.) AND START OVER. I can't believe Friday24 is still answering you and has been so patient giving the same feedback. You are not listening to peoples advice and keep repeating the same mistakes over and over, killing creatures that don't have a chance and wasting your money and time (with the livestock you've bought and keep buying you could of had a hang on back refugium/filter amd a used light so you cam do this right). Man, 240 posts about a tank that never cycled? Come on. If you want to learn, follow peoples directives.
Best of luck. I will leave your post alone now.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timnem,

My tank is cycled, not sure where you where misinformed. and all my water parameters are perfect no ammonia no nitrate no nitrite and has been that way for some time now. The fish that have died have been bought with some type of infection or bacteria that is why i had asked friday. So its definetly not the water, dont be so ignorant as you once where in the same shoes.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
friday,

sorry to bother you often but you have been the only one helping i know it can be time consuming. Talking about lighting, i only have fish in the tank 1 anemone that has been fine, but i may have purchased the wrong light i dont plan to have coral just the 60lbs of live rock i have in their. Do you see any issues with this light? it is
Beamswork EA Timer 6500K.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back