OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no other symptoms that i can see, yesterday i did see him like twich twice but havent seen him do it again

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what does it mean when sometimes you see your fishes colors a little bit faded. ive seen it before on other fish and then the next day gone and all colors back to normal is this normal?

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish do that in response to a lot of things, stress, when they sleep, sickness

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes what i find weird is when its feeding time, all the fish are going crazy for the food eat it within a minute or less, my clowns damsels, the only fishes that dont is the bicolor and coral beauty. Ive seen the bicolor occasionaly grab maybe a flake that sank down in the tank but definitely not eating like the other fish. my diamond goby unfortunately a week ago i found that he jumped out of the tank and was dead on the floor

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a questions though. If i removed some water from the tank added my angelfish to try and feed him with the food with kanaplex would that be a good idea? i believe i would probably have a better chance at him eating?

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you set up a quarantine tank like that yes. But he probably won’t eat right away after the stress of catching and moving. You’re gonna have to train the angels to eat flake and pellet from what it sounds like, but you have to get to find something they’ll eat first. Have you tried Nori on a clip?

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea ive tried nori,garlic marine flakes,pellets and krill so far. Also i was looking up the kanaplex, how do you mix that with food ive seen videos of people pouring it in the tank to dissolve

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would have to use Focus as the binder and go by the instructions on the box is all I know. I quarantine all my fish before they go in my tank so I’ve only ever dosed the water.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would it be safe to dose the kanaplex directly in the tank? i only have the other fish and live rock?

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friday what is the difference in feeding it and just dosing in the tank? i was able to pick up some kanaplex but im going to have to order focus as the store didint have it. i would like to get something going because it may take 2 days from amazon to receive focus

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing the tank is gonna make a pretty good dent in your bio-filter...meaning kill off a lot of the bacteria you’ve been trying to build up during the cycle. It is much easier to treat the fish though, especially since he isn’t eating.

My quarantine setup consists of a couple 10g tanks to do tank transfer to eliminate Ich, and a 30g tank that is used for treating any other disease that may show up. It’s also usually easier to get a fish eating while in QT since it’s a smaller space and can’t be harassed by established tank mates.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friday for example if i remove 10 gallons of my tank water which i texted the parameters and they are perfect oppm on all. And put the angel fish in another tank with my tank water and dose kanaplex would he survive and be medicated?

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would he survive with my tank water and lets say a small bubbler for 02

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i really dont want to risk it damaging my bio filter as the tank has been stable for some time

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but you’ll need a heater, and an air stone running. And test daily for ammonia or get an ammonia badge.

OP
OP
B

BigBoss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you think he should be in the tank though?. why would ammonia spike because of no filtration on the tank? or because its not a established tank so not built to house the fish for that long?

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got both angels from the same place it wouldn’t hurt to put them both in.

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the full treatment is 10 days, you’ll want to do a water change before each additional dose to keep the tank from spiking ammonia. Ammonia will build up because it isn’t a cycled tank, the airline helps with gas exchange to keep the water oxygenated.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back