Reef Casa Studio 12 Mixed Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If you are able to keep a pico like this thriving like it is now.... I would recommend a bigger tank to house all your inhabitants. This way you can get some utilitarian fish (natural predators) that can keep these pests in check. You are more than ready. Great job on a beautiful pico tank!

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are able to keep a pico like this thriving like it is now.... I would recommend a bigger tank to house all your inhabitants. This way you can get some utilitarian fish (natural predators) that can keep these pests in check. You are more than ready. Great job on a beautiful pico tank!
Thanks so much! I would love to get a bigger tank...just the cost and space is an issue! I would love to have a tank with a real sump in the future

coraldreams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

This is the my first dive into a saltwater tank that I got as a Christmas gift last January

I took it slow and just started getting corals in September... and since then I have a slight addiction! Hoping to document my journey and pick the brains of people on the forum.

Equipment
Tank: Fluval Evo V
Lighting: AI Prime HD with gooseneck
Filtration: InTank Media Basket with Filter Floss, stock biomedia, and a bag of carbon
Return Pump: Cobalt Aquatics Mini MJ-606
Heater: Hygger 50w Mini
Controller - Inkbird Temperature Controller
ATO - Water bottle ATO

Stocking
Hi-Fin Red Banded Goby
Pistol Shrimp
2 Astrea Snails
1 Spiny Star Astrea Snail
1 Emerald Crab

Corals
Eagle Eye, Orange Oxide, Sunny D, Scrambled Egg, Utter Chaos, Fruit Loops Zoas
Two green hammers, a blue hammer, and a gold hammer
Various mushrooms
Blastomusa
Various Acans
Monti Cap
Bubblegum Montipora Digitata

Here are some pics now!

20220630_155332.jpg 20220630_155350.jpg

My newest additions are from Reefapalooza NY which include the Fruit Loops, Digi, three acan frags, and two mushrooms
You are crushing it I'm just getting started and would love to have this kind of success

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a lid on your tank? I hope he didn't jump out.
There is not but I have literally never seen him go above like the lower third of the tank so I highly doubt that he jumped...only reason I don't have a lid is because the AI light mount makes the stock lid not fit

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is not but I have literally never seen him go above like the lower third of the tank so I highly doubt that he jumped...only reason I don't have a lid is because the AI light mount makes the stock lid not fit
Hey some fish people put in and never see… he might still be there! Maybe lift up your rock work and see… just obv don’t squish him

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey some fish people put in and never see… he might still be there! Maybe lift up your rock work and see… just obv don’t squish him
I'd do that but I some corals wedged into the rocks that took an annoying amount of finesse to get to stay where I wanted it. They used to be on the other main rock structure which was easy to lift up but have since moved to the back wall

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back