OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your corals, I have the Evo V too, not nearly as well stocked as yours. Maybe will get there one day.

Did you add a new fish?
Thanks so much! It is very easy to get carried away at frag shows. I haven't added a new fish yet. Probably soon though

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 8/22/22 -

Glass was getting pretty dirty...enjoy this before and after ;p
1661207814940.png 1661207828449.png

Also wanted to give an update photo on the digi - as you can see not looking to well :(
1661207870400.png

Few other random photos because why not
1661207879845.png
1661207884738.png

1661207891057.png

1661207897274.png

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 8/25/22 -

Hey guys...

sooo something showed up at my door today...
COd8mgpjZ5AV-v_Tdmz2ohTus1hF_Xo-PdXt2OzywWlHPj1BrZ.jpg

wanna see whats inside???
1661471949873.png
1661471957356.png
1661471942865.png

Yep that is indeed a new tank. Remember when I met March from Fragbox at Reefapalooza and he so graciously bought me some awesome Fruit Loops Zoas... he was also the best person ever in sending me one of his in house designed tanks...the Reef Casa Studio 12. This tank looks really clean out out of the box and I am so excited to setup this new tank and share it with all of you guys. Once again HUGE thanks to March for sending this out for free :)

@Fragbox Corals

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yeah...I'll be moving everything from the 5g into this tank eventually and naturally I have a few questions on how best to do the transfer...

Can I just move everything into the new tank...add the extra 7g or so SW needed and be off?

Can I use the old sand for the new tank?

There is a very large space for a skimmer in the back chamber...is it worth getting one for this size of tank?
-For stocking I was thinking a pair of clowns and to get a new goby for my shrimp

Alternatively I bet I could put the InTank basket I have for the 5g in that large chamber, but I would also probably need to add some floss to the drain section, right?

Do you think a powerhead is needed for this tank?

Thanks everyone, looking forward to hearing what you all have to say!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add new water, sand is going to be a mess so getting new will be better. Rocks can be transferred.
The baskets may be used but you will probably need to modify it a bit.
Tbh you don’t really need a powerhead or skimmer in so small a tank. The flow is already strong enough with a good pump, and a good water change will do everything a skimmer will.
I’d pass on the clowns in this small a tank. They are pure evil in small tanks.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I see so many Fluval Evo 13.5s with pairs of clowns
It happens, but I had a bad experience with mine as have many others. My female went psycho and killed her mate, a gramma, and a firefish, and kept the shrimpgoby pinned as well. This was in a 13.5 (not all fish were in there at once).
Pair of clowns is doable, but it’s safer to stick with other fish to avoid problems.

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens, but I had a bad experience with mine as have many others. My female went psycho and killed her mate, a gramma, and a firefish, and kept the shrimpgoby pinned as well. This was in a 13.5 (not all fish were in there at once).
Pair of clowns is doable, but it’s safer to stick with other fish to avoid problems.
What if I had the clowns and no other fish?

Poliwag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the reefcasa comes with a media basket? That's how he was advertising it on his videos at least

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the reefcasa comes with a media basket? That's how he was advertising it on his videos at least

I feel like that was talked about in one of his videos. Mine didn't come with one though. Can't really complain about a free tank tho lol :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Box came with the tank and return pump + nozzle.

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh lucky u! I live like maybe 40 mins from fragbox

I'm a first time reefer, currently researching and learning things... I saw the videos about their in house tanks and hope to get reviews from people about what they think about it and see if it good one or not

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh lucky u! I live like maybe 40 mins from fragbox

I'm a first time reefer, currently researching and learning things... I saw the videos about their in house tanks and hope to get reviews from people about what they think about it and see if it good one or not

That's awesome you're close enough to Fragbox to visit! I definitely want to share my experiences with this tank considering how new it is and how few people have them so far. It does look really nice from the first unboxing. I love how clean it is. The back chamber also looks really nice. Has a really big area for a skimmer and then two areas for the return pump and drain. I'll be sure to update this thread as I start the tank up (Hopefully in the next few weeks or so). School just started for me so I probably won't have enough time to setup the tank just yet.

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome you're close enough to Fragbox to visit! I definitely want to share my experiences with this tank considering how new it is and how few people have them so far. It does look really nice from the first unboxing. I love how clean it is. The back chamber also looks really nice. Has a really big area for a skimmer and then two areas for the return pump and drain. I'll be sure to update this thread as I start the tank up (Hopefully in the next few weeks or so). School just started for me so I probably won't have enough time to setup the tank just yet.
Good forst impression so far on that tank..Looking forward to see your progress

I hope to find more studio 12 owners

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back