New tank set up

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tank previously that was running a canister filter. This time I’ve got a new tank with a sump. So need some recommendations for equipment. While I’d love to splash out I’m on a budget so please keep that in mind. It’s a nano tank of 90 litres (Aqua one reef 90)

I need a skimmer, wave maker and light. I’m thinking of getting the ai prime 16HD. But not sure on the rest. Also how much bio media do I need? 1kg or 2kg for the sump?. I’m looking at the maxspect nano tech bio spheres.

Sly Element

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would add a "heavy" skimmer and not add bio media in the sump to keep things nice and thight. But if you want to add bio media, you can add whatever amount you want.
I use enough live rock in my display so i keep the sump nice and thight.

The lighting is whatever you like and what the light should be able to do. ( Wifi/ remote/ timer etc.)
You can save some money on light but don't go totally cheap on it.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice and best of luck - as to lights, AI primes are solid, adaptable and good if and when you expand your variety of corals. Have a blue running on a 13 g and so far so good , but no experience with stony corals
like rock rubble - take a hammer and have at it - good luck

KyRo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really love my AI Prime. I have used a couple different wavemakers for my tanks and my favorite so far has been the Aqamai KPS. The app is kind of annoying, but once it's all up and running it's very solid.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back