new tank starting soon. final check up

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to start a new tank in the next week or so. I am going to be using Dry rock and live sand. I will also be using Dr. tim's one and only to cycle tank in 7 days or so. I will be adding 2 clown fish on the 8th or 9th day. Do am then going to add 4-5 soft/lps corals. What is the best to dip the corals? Will i need to use Coral RX to dip the corals?

As far as QT I am not sure on this as i have spoken to several reefers who QT for 3 months only to get Ich shortly after.

So What do I need to have on hand prazipro, cupramine, fish food . I already have tests etc. what else am i missing?

the_reef_keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use coral RX to dip my corals, however there are still some hitchhikers that can survive the dip so coral quarantine would be your best best. I personally just buy from a reputable source and dip. It's always good to have an ammonia neutralizer like Prime for emergencies.

Quarantining never hurts and is a great time for your fish to get adjusted to captive life and different types of foods. If you are trying to remove ick (white spot) I would recommend the tank transfer method. You can learn more about that through this link:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/spars-tank-transfer-method.209690/

Good luck and happy reefing!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back