New Tank Stocking

W.Glint

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the low down:

Im in the process of getting all my tank equipment and such set up for my new 55 gallon tank. Im going to be adding it to my 40 gallon system that i already have established, consisting of a 20 gallon display and 20 gallon sump. Im going to keep the 20 gallon display, and scrap the sump and probably upgrade to a larger 40 gallon tank for use as my sump, as to house my new algae scrubber im constructing. Im going to run my Aqua C remora skimmer, custom filter sock for mechanical, and the algae scrubber i mentioned. I was planning on using about 50 lbs or so of live rock and shallow sand bed. Im having some problems constructing my stocking list, because Im making it around my Snowflake eel that i already have. Hes only about 9-10 inchs long and doing good in his 20 gallon tank ( sump ) but i know he needs an upgrade, so thats why im upping to a 55. What are some good tank-mate's i could put in with him. I was thinking either a smaller yellow or hippo tang, ( away with you Tang-Police ) with the intent to upgrade to a larger tank as needed, as im assuming the eel will need too depending on how big he grows. I was also dabbling around a dragon wrasse - does anyone have an experience with them? I was also pretty set on a Flame Angel aswell. Also maybe a bit larger long-nose hawkfish. A few Cromis? Also, any opinions on snowflake eels and cleaner shrimp? i have one in my 20 but if its safe, ide like to move him to the 55 also. I also plan to move my attitudinal blue damsel out of my 20 to the 55 too because he harasses my poor clown to no end:crossedlips: . Im not to worried about the bio load / water parameters, because i do keep good water quality, and FWC's. Im mostly concerned about tank space, and compatibility.

If you could just put your .02 in that would be fantastic!:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man I have never kept and eel so here is a bump for someone who has!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back