New tank what's my next move?

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, reefers! I need your help! I've decided that ill buy a new tank:) I might go with an aio waterbox 50. I've had my reef tank for about 8 months and it still has no fish... i have a few corals but no fish since my first and second pair of clowns perished due to brook( needless to say that I've built up a qt tank because the 6 weeks wait are so longgggg) the thing is when my clowns died, I didn't know about dino so I stopped feeding the tank and dinos poped! when I finally got rid of the dinos gues who showed up...yes cyano, so i used chemiclean and it all went away before another type of cyano came in. The thing is I bought my tank used and its a DIY with a DIY sump and the sump is simply not working right and if i change it i'd have to tear down the whole stand so I really would like to go and do a fresh start with a new tank that is maybe simpler since it would be an aio? I need advice on my next move! i know ill need more rocks since the tank would be bigger but is there a way that I could use the one that cycled and alive in my new tank without bringing cyano but keeping all my corals alive?

Thanks in advance for reading me!!!
I'm open to anything and any suggestion on tanks and on what i should do do «clean» my rocks

OP
OP
Raph

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice: Get a tank with an external (non-AIO) sump. You'll find you're not paying a premium for the AIO design and you have a lot more accessories available.
yeah i’m still debating and i love sumps! thanks!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i’m still debating and i love sumps! thanks!
You'll pay more for the tank and sump initially, but save down the road on being able to run any kind of standard filters, skimmers, UVs, return pumps, etc.

I've owned several AIOs and upgraded to a large reef with external sump. I'll never go back. Even if I were to add a smaller tank I'd get one with an external sump and integrated ATO.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back