New Tenuis Release Name Game! Help us name this Tenuis for a free frag!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

burningmime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The name game detracts from the sophisticated use of scientific names. Why can’t it be called what it is?

These names seem to only be used to drive up costs of coral.

The name game is a disservice to the hobby.
Ok, let me have it.....bring on the haters!
I understand the sentiment, the problem is that the scientific name is just A. acropora tenuis. The "name game" helps identify the coloration and lineage. That's like saying all dogs should be called C. familiaris, without distinction between a Shih Tzu, a Basset Hound and a German Shepherd.

Obdoc63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New Tenuis Release Name Game! Help us name this Tenuis for a free frag!!!!

We have been Coloring and growing this Tenuis for over 1 year and it's time for a new Release. Please help us name this Tenuis for a free frag shipped to your door.

The rules are Simple submit 1 name entry per person and we will pick a winner and ship a free frag to your door.

the cutoff time for entries is 8.8.2021 at 12 noon EST. No names entry will be taken after that time. We will Announce the Winner shortly after the cutoff time. If you add 2 entries you will automatically be disqualified.

Get your names in starting now.. We can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Here is pictures and videos of the new Tenuis Colonie Release.

20210726_180517.jpg 20210726_180347.jpg

Lavender Frenzy

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the sentiment, the problem is that the scientific name is just A. acropora tenuis. The "name game" helps identify the coloration and lineage. That's like saying all dogs should be called C. familiaris, without distinction between a Shih Tzu, a Basset Hound and a German Shepherd.
The scientific name isn’t he only consistent way.
Coloration in corals changes depending on environment, unlike dogs.

Back