New Tiger Pistol Shrimp Attacking Yellow Watchmen Goby!

Suggestions?

• Total voters

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow watchman is the only thing in my tank that is safe from my tiger pistol shrimp. Sandsifter star murdered, emerald crabs gone, blue legs and peppermint shrimp learned real fast that his hole was off limits, my brittle star which is pretty good size is always regrowing the tips of his arms. Rock scape it's his to do whatever he pleases, move half the sand bed from one side to another and bury half the tank no problem he is on it.
When tigers get big they can sometimes get pretty mean. Funny story - when I first started reefing my LFS sold me a non symbiotic pistol claiming it would definitely pair up with my goby. This thing was a monster in my tank for years I could not get it out! It even hit me once or twice.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fattening it up in a separate holder sounds solid but how do I set that up? Would a HOB filter work? I think I can get pics of the goby if it comes out but the pistol shrimp has never came out of the cave under a rock. Only slightly out but I don't know if I can get a picture of that without it darting back and even if I do get a slight picture of it peeking, will that be enough to ID it?

Edit: I am 100% sure its a YWG because of it's shape, color, and the little light blue dots over it's head area. It's just pretty dang small like 1 inches long and skinny with some bruises over it. 85% sure with the shrimp that its a tiger as it was white with brown stripes and that one claw was larger than the other
they are talking about the shrimp, not the goby

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back