New to all this!

Mavric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, my name is Nick and I hail from Dallas. Been a freshwater guy for the last few years and thought I would challenge myself to start a nano FOWLR setup with maybe (really strong maybe) some corals after about a year or so after I study water chemistry. I understand these things can be a headache and I am doing it because I love challenging myself and learning new things. I started the cycle today and will be using this valuable gap of time to read, so I decided to join a community to ask questions if I need.

Here is my current setup. It's a Fluval Evo 13.5 AIO. I bought a 50W Eheim heater and am currently doing daily bacteria seeds. Only thing I am wanting to do is remove the hood and included 14k and replace with a Kessil A80 and maybe throw in a nano powerhead.

67544B41-6CB9-4823-8738-62D9E0AA00D3.jpeg

Looking forward to being part of the community!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Nick!

Ask as many questions as you like as the folks on here are very friendly and will help you all the way

Great start so far by the way.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!! Welcome to R2R, Nick !!! Nice rock setup. what bacteria are you using to cycle your tank?

OP
OP
Mavric

Mavric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!! Welcome to R2R, Nick !!! Nice rock setup. what bacteria are you using to cycle your tank?
Thanks for the kind words! Currently using Aquavitro Seed. Heard pretty good things about it so I thought I'd give it a shot.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back