New to big tanks need a little guidance

Sunday101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I just bought a new IM nuvo 75 gallon INT to upgrade from my current IM 38 gallon reef tank that I will be using as a quarantine tank once I get the 75 set up. Now I'm looking for help trying to find a Sump that'll work for the tank and that will fit. From what I see on videos nobody with my tank has a sump that's over 30". The tank dimensions are 35.4" x 23.6" x 19.7" and the APS stand dimensions are 35.68” x 23.50” x 35.81”
Interior Stand DIMS: Length 32.37” x 19.31” x 33.75” according to the website. For a sump id like to stick with trigger system sumps, and have been looking at the triton26 v2 or the Ruby 30. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect with 32" interior length you would want something like the Eshopps Alpha 100 (whatever the comparable size Trigger sump is) and moreso look at the dimensions of the skimmer and return compartments to see if the gear you want to use will fit in them.

OP
OP
S

Sunday101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect with 32" interior length you would want something like the Eshopps Alpha 100 (whatever the comparable size Trigger sump is) and moreso look at the dimensions of the skimmer and return compartments to see if the gear you want to use will fit in them.
I was also looking up some eshopps ones, kinda leaning on the AR-200 Aqua Fuge 4th Gen. The only real learning curve is learning to do the plumbing.

AR-200 Aqua-Fuge​

uscggirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also looking up some eshopps ones, kinda leaning on the AR-200 Aqua Fuge 4th Gen. The only real learning curve is learning to do the plumbing.

AR-200 Aqua-Fuge​

I’ve also been considering the IM INT 75. How have you liked yours so far? Was the plumbing difficult, or were you able to get someone to assist? Which sump did you go with, and do you like it? Having had this tank awhile, would you do it again?

OP
OP
S

Sunday101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also been considering the IM INT 75. How have you liked yours so far? Was the plumbing difficult, or were you able to get someone to assist? Which sump did you go with, and do you like it? Having had this tank awhile, would you do it again?
So, in the midst of the tank being set out for delivery I had to cancel my order due to some unforseen family emergencies for the time being. Will be purchasing again down the road though.

uscggirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, in the midst of the tank being set out for delivery I had to cancel my order due to some unforseen family emergencies for the time being. Will be purchasing again down the road though.
I’m sorry to hear that. I hope things are going better for you now.

Back