View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just moved here from Denver, CO.
Howdy!

Reefstick
Mark
Welcome to R2R, I'm sure Clarksville is happy to have you.
Thanks y'all! Glad to be here. I hope that I have a crazy day soon... you know? Where I just jump in my minivan, drive to the nearest Reef store and buy a new tank setup.
It is the itch that my bank account prays I dont scratch... I was infected with the reef virus a good 20 years and I might have a relaps.
My biggest issue is that I did the 55g, the 75g and the 90g.... I may just go full on 300g+.

Have any of you fantasized about having an inground pool put in your back yard, build a greenhouse around it and start a reef in it? You know, to swim with your fish. Or was that just my wife and I?
My wife and I had the same thought, lol it's pure craziness, especially where I live.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just moved here from Denver, CO.
Howdy!

Reefstick
Mark
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Reefstick555

Reefstick555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start with a build thread posting a short history and progressive pics
Give me a tank.... kidding. Hahaha
After moving here, I did a great job of draining the savings... don't want to use my retirement fund to pay for it. However, my wife and I both have the reef virus and it is only a matter of time before a glass box appears in our livingroom... might even sleepwalk one in here.
We did just set up the daughter's 7 gallon FWFO... and her Christmas present is a 36 gallon bow. Kids come first, not Daddies. LOL

TigNJaxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Welcome to R2R. I live in Jackson TN, and have relatives in Clarksville. I have been to Reef and Reptiles in Clarksville. Honestly, they used to be alot better, it has declined. However, I ventured out and checked out and found a great store in Nashville. It would be a nice drive for you, not too far. https://www.aquaticcritter.com/ I suggest going there fore sure. I have seen a few other shops online, but haven't gone yet; Emerald Bay fish and reptiles has great reviews online and I hope to stop in there next time I'm out that way.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Reefstick555

Reefstick555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the TN insider info. We are all about driving down to Nashville, soon infact.
I need to see every store in TN, at least once.

My thoughts on Reef and Reptiles in Clarksville...
The corals and fish seem healthy... (not sure on how often the cycle through inventory) but you can't have the level of SPS success without some good water and knowledge. I applaud the people who actually set the tanks up.

I feel like a good scrubbing and some dark tint (or solid full sized decals) on those west windows would put the "slow down" on the algae in the tanks. I bet you could increase the sales 5 time over just by scrubbing tanks and the store down in one weekend.

They just need some passion for it again and that place would bank... there are so many people moving here and they are from CO, CA and TX... they are coming with pockets full of money. They just need a place to spend it. Not sure how many are reefers, but I assume the numbers are there to make a great profit on sales. Keeping more people buying I'm Clarksville and not just heading to Nashville stores...

My two cents comes free of charge and is worth as much. Lol

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give me a tank.... kidding. Hahaha
After moving here, I did a great job of draining the savings... don't want to use my retirement fund to pay for it. However, my wife and I both have the reef virus and it is only a matter of time before a glass box appears in our livingroom... might even sleepwalk one in here.
We did just set up the daughter's 7 gallon FWFO... and her Christmas present is a 36 gallon bow. Kids come first, not Daddies. LOL
You definitely qualify for the “Dad of the Year” award!!!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @Reefstick555. I am just south of you, outside of Murfreesboro.

For LFS:

Aquatic Critter is a good one. Little high, but been there for years and due to area has a decent overhead, so I get it. Still great people and cool place.

Emerald Bay is my go to. I have known Sean (owner for years), their prices are great, and great people. Their shop is very small (not much overhead), but it is only reptiles and SW stuff. If you are looking for a tank, he does not mark up what is ordered and only charges freight beyond the cost of the tanks (Seapora, Deep Blue, Aqueon and Marineland)

Also, if looking for a custom tank, @Joe Glass Cages is in Dickson, TN. The sump I just had built looks like a display tank in itself. Not to mention I saw some tanks being built and the quality was top notch.

OP
OP
Reefstick555

Reefstick555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @Reefstick555. I am just south of you, outside of Murfreesboro.

For LFS:

Aquatic Critter is a good one. Little high, but been there for years and due to area has a decent overhead, so I get it. Still great people and cool place.

Emerald Bay is my go to. I have known Sean (owner for years), their prices are great, and great people. Their shop is very small (not much overhead), but it is only reptiles and SW stuff. If you are looking for a tank, he does not mark up what is ordered and only charges freight beyond the cost of the tanks (Seapora, Deep Blue, Aqueon and Marineland)

Also, if looking for a custom tank, @Joe Glass Cages is in Dickson, TN. The sump I just had built looks like a display tank in itself. Not to mention I saw some tanks being built and the quality was top notch.
It's also nice to get to know the reefers around me. Thanks Eagle_steve

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back