New to coral, having some issues. Could use some advice..

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you are very experienced, trying acros in a 5 month tank won't work. You need to wait until your tank is stable and you have abundant coralline growth. For your other corals, your parameters aren't good as others already mentioned. Need nitrates at 10 and Phos at .05 to .1. Rent a par meter to check your light strength. Take your time. Things get much better after the first year for corals.

OP
OP
A

averagesteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update... I'm 80% sure at this point the problem with the LPS that are having issues is the flame angel. The Micro Lord looks great at night, feeding and everything, but every day there's a little more and more flesh missing from the rim of the polyp. Same with other similar LPS. Psammocora looks fine, hammer is fine, GSP is fine, duncan hasn't opened in a little while, but still looks ok. Basically anything that is either a SPS or has tentacles is doing ok.

I have a secondary tank that is set up and currently empty. Is there anything special I need to do to it to move the frags that aren't doing well into it to see if they make a comeback without the fish potentially harassing them?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back