New To Coral

NaturalGothic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!
I was thinking about adding a piece of coral into my nano tank. I really like the look of hammer coral and frog spawn, but, I know very little about coral. What are somethings you wish you would’ve known before diving into coral? What are your top ten beginner rules?
thanks!
Alison

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!
I was thinking about adding a piece of coral into my nano tank. I really like the look of hammer coral and frog spawn, but, I know very little about coral. What are somethings you wish you would’ve known before diving into coral? What are your top ten beginner rules?
thanks!
Alison
Hammer and frogspawn are large polyp stony corals. Essentially, each head is one organism as opposed to SPS which have lots of small polyps all over its skeleton. They’re territorial corals; they won’t hurt each other if they’re part of the same colony, but can sting other corals if they grow too close. Making sure your tank is matured and stable and that your lights are strong enough—although LPS are deeper water coral and not as demanding so 100-150 PAR is enough.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back