New to dosing, just started and I’m lost

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my coral box dosing pump, currently using Reef Carbonate and All For Reef (alkalinity is consumed much faster than calcium).

I have a 120g system with a 55g sump (probably 30 actual gallons in it)

Alk is being consumed a little over 0.1 per day. It will drop from 8 to 7 in about 8 days (using Hanna tester). Since I just started, I’m doing 15ml of reef carbonate and 15ml of all for reef but alk is still decreasing (only been using for 3 days though). I’ve used calculators galore and I’m just not good enough at math to figure this out lol and I’m afraid of too much too fast. Is there a delay in seeing a change after dosing these? Any help would be much appreciated!

OP
OP
lba4590

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’ve been using (though it doesn’t have all for reef so I’ve been guesstimating) but I’m not sure why I still haven’t seen the increase the calculator says I should be seeing?

Basically, I’m putting in my current alk (7.6) with the desired alk at 7.8 to offset the .1 lost per day, and to also raise it.. which came out to be 10ml, but I’m dosing 15ml each and it’s still just holding steady

Acrofiend

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’d dose more until you reach your desired alk.
Dose in the morning and test daily at night at the same time. Then adjust from there.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.0%

Back