New to East Tennessee - Hello

Jadams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

My name is Jeremy and I'm moving to the Concord area (I think that's what its called) by Farragut of Knoxville in a month on 10/8. (Currently living in Southern California) Looking forward to getting a new tank set up once I'm there and getting to know some of the reefing community in the Knoxville area.

New to this site, but have been on "that other site" since 2003. :D

How's the saltwater community in East Tennessee? I've searched online for shops but only see 2-3 in the Knoxville area. Where I'm from, there are literally hundreds of shops lol..

Any how, just wanted to say hello and looking forward to meeting some locals when I arrive.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi. Yes you'll live in Farragut. Not a lot of us here. There are basically 3 stores. JKS, Aquatic Marine, and the Aquarium. Parrott Aquatics has a shop at their house, hook up with them on FB they can introduce you to the local reef crew. Tell them I sent ya.

Last edited:

HOOPDEEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Tennessee! There is a club here called ETRC (East Tenn. Reef Club) We have monthly meetings and host a coral expo once a year (coming up 9/29). Search ETRC on R2R and request to join the private chat for updates. check out parrotaquatic.com you can order some nice stuff plus etrc members get a discount:). And welcome to R2R it’s much friendlier here!

OP
OP
Jadams

Jadams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! Ill check out ETRC and the LFS' listed above.
Looking forward to meeting everyone in the months ahead.

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Tennessee! Unfortunately, since we're much farther from the ocean, aquarium stores are definitely harder to come by than in California. But the ones we have are great! Hope to see you at the coral expo this weekend!

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

My name is Jeremy and I'm moving to the Concord area (I think that's what its called) by Farragut of Knoxville in a month on 10/8. (Currently living in Southern California) Looking forward to getting a new tank set up once I'm there and getting to know some of the reefing community in the Knoxville area.

How's the saltwater community in East Tennessee? I've searched online for shops but only see 2-3 in the Knoxville area. Where I'm from, there are literally hundreds of shops lol..

Any how, just wanted to say hello and looking forward to meeting some locals when I arrive.
Hey I live in Knoxville and I have been wondering how many is around here. I have been thinking of trying to start a club around this area. Be good to know how many people are around here and will to join one as well.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Aquarium has to be the best store in the area. But aquatic marine isn't to bad with coral. I did get my BioCube 32 from there and they have a great kit for it. You get everything including water and 30lb of rock for $600. JKS off of north peters road has a lot of coral there but there is more choice of fish at Aquarium. I got my last tank from aquarium it is a red sea reefer 170. Once you get here and get set up if you want to get in touch I would be glad to show you around and show you the store if you like.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Tennessee! There is a club here called ETRC (East Tenn. Reef Club) We have monthly meetings and host a coral expo once a year (coming up 9/29). Search ETRC on R2R and request to join the private chat for updates. check out parrotaquatic.com you can order some nice stuff plus etrc members get a discount:). And welcome to R2R it’s much friendlier here!
Yeah and no one in the club will ever get in touch with you and that is why I am trying to start a club and I will never ignore someone when they message for info.

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah and no one in the club will ever get in touch with you and that is why I am trying to start a club and I will never ignore someone when they message for info.

Who have you tried contacting from the club? Via Facebook or here on r2r?

I ask because I’m the president of ETRC and typically respond to all Messages. Just wanting to make sure I’m not missing anything.

Also, in order to have access to our private section you have to be a paid member.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who have you tried contacting from the club? Via Facebook or here on r2r?

I ask because I’m the president of ETRC and typically respond to all Messages. Just wanting to make sure I’m not missing anything.

Also, in order to have access to our private section you have to be a paid member.
I've tried different places on here and even sent in a request to the private group and having a message on the request saying I was try to join the club and no one responded. Been trying a few months now.
I'm even a member of MASNA and I've gotten in touch with them about starting a club here because I thought the one here was inactive.

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried different places on here and even sent in a request to the private group and having a message on the request saying I was try to join the club and no one responded. Been trying a few months now.

Ok, well I apologize for the disconnect there. For our private board is paid members only.

Typically we ask all potential members to come out to one of our monthly meetings to meet the group and see what the club is about. Then if you feel like it’s something you want to be apart of you can pay yearly dues. After that you can request private access.
The reason we ask this is because we want members that can be active and participate.

If you have any other questions definitely let me know

Thanks,
Caleb

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, well I apologize for the disconnect there. For our private board is paid members only.

Typically we ask all potential members to come out to one of our monthly meetings to meet the group and see what the club is about. Then if you feel like it’s something you want to be apart of you can pay yearly dues. After that you can request private access.
The reason we ask this is because we want members that can be active and participate.

If you have any other questions definitely let me know

Thanks,
Caleb
Yeah I totally understand, I am a member of a MC. I am going to try to make it to the expo Saturday for at least a hr. My MC is having our anniversary party that night and won't have a lot if time to kill that day. Hopefully can meet ya then.

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I totally understand, I am a member of a MC. I am going to try to make it to the expo Saturday for at least a hr. My MC is having our anniversary party that night and won't have a lot if time to kill that day. Hopefully can meet ya then.

Awesome! Look forward to meeting you.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back