New to forum. Fluvel evo upgrade?

malas_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from Newcastle in the uk! Just got my 1st tank 1 week ago so new to the reef game! I have the fluvel evo 13.5 but already looking to upgrade my filtration. I see you can get the media basket for chamber one or chamber two. Which way is best to go about it and what would i put in the other chamber thats not used. Thanks

Shanel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
200.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and family !

Davem24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have the same tank. What I did was get the media basket for chamber 1. I use filter floss on the top so I can remove everyother day. Under that I do carbon which I change weekly. In chamber 2 I used a pvc pipe and placed a skimmer on top of that to get a correct height. I have seen some guys scrape put cheato in the lowest part of the media basket, scrape the black off the tank and put a grow light on it too.

OP
OP
M

malas_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have the same tank. What I did was get the media basket for chamber 1. I use filter floss on the top so I can remove everyother day. Under that I do carbon which I change weekly. In chamber 2 I used a pvc pipe and placed a skimmer on top of that to get a correct height. I have seen some guys scrape put cheato in the lowest part of the media basket, scrape the black off the tank and put a grow light on it too.
Ok cool, thanks. I see in a video there is a small hole in chamber 2. Did you block that up? If so is there anything to use whilst it is full of water as mine is filled now?

OP
OP
M

malas_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

I have an MJ1200 or Sycera Silent 1.0, stock lights and 3D printed media basket in chamber 1. Plug the hole in the wall in chamber 2 and use a flow director and floss in chamber 1. Fairly heavy bioload and nitrates/phosphate have been perfect.
What can i use to plug the small hole as it is now full of water? Thanks

Davem24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool, thanks. I see in a video there is a small hole in chamber 2. Did you block that up? If so is there anything to use whilst it is full of water as mine is filled now?
Ya the media basket comes with a little 3d printed plug. You can super glue it while full of water. I just pushed mine in. It's good enough of a seal and now coralline algea finished it off lol.

Back