New to here, but not new to fish!

unweariedgoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am from middle tennessee/ north of Nashville. My brother and I have maintained 2 fresh water tanks and a salt water for about 3, maybe 4 years now. Thankfully we haven't failed horribly since our first tank.

We currently have an average array of "easy" fish, but the main reason we have joined here, is due to a rather hulking coral banded shrimp that has slaughtered 2-3 of our saltwater fish since we got him... and he's only getting bigger too..
So, along with my short introduction, I also have a question. Which thread would be the best to give our malevolent shrimp a new home? (if not trade him for something that won't stress out our clownfish as much.)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family. We do have a marketplace that will open to you once you hit 30 days and 25 posts, which contains buy/sell/trading forums.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
giphy.gif

OP
OP
unweariedgoose

unweariedgoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! My coral banded shrimp keeps the fish on their toes. Never seen it actually grab or make contact with any of the fish.
Yeah, I was telling one of my friends that works at a local fish store about it, his theory was the fish were dying then the shrimp got to the bodies.. However, it wasn't until fish #3, a lawnmower, that we finally witnessed the goliath in action.. was not fun to watch. Luckily the remaining are fast enough to escape him, but he's just getting bigger and faster.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Back