New to here, not new to reefing, I come from 'The Other Place'

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my best Mrs. Doubtfire voice........Hellooooooooo

Hans here in South Dakota, formerly from Long Island. I'm new here but not new to the hobby by any means.

I've been dipping my toes into the water here on R2R for a while, but finally decided to officially make the move here from that other forum. You know where I mean. The one that hasn't done a water change in a while and I think the skimmer is clogged.

Anyway, I've got an SCA 150 that's about 8 months old and finally starting to hit its stride, which I've already done a build thread on. I also have a lighting project thread over in the lighting area too. Previously I had a 90 gallon AGA that I learned a tremendous amount on for about 5 years before I had to tear it down and move. That and a long history of freshwater tanks that still continues.

Things are going well in my current tank and it's just about to go into the next phase. The next few months should be fun.

-Hans

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! We're glad you're here!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
hhaase

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, here's the build thread link. I wasn't sure if the norm here was to put it in the signature, or if there was a separate linking somewhere in the profiles. Still getting used to the format.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my best Mrs. Doubtfire voice........Hellooooooooo

Hans here in South Dakota, formerly from Long Island. I'm new here but not new to the hobby by any means.

I've been dipping my toes into the water here on R2R for a while, but finally decided to officially make the move here from that other forum. You know where I mean. The one that hasn't done a water change in a while and I think the skimmer is clogged.

Anyway, I've got an SCA 150 that's about 8 months old and finally starting to hit its stride, which I've already done a build thread on. I also have a lighting project thread over in the lighting area too. Previously I had a 90 gallon AGA that I learned a tremendous amount on for about 5 years before I had to tear it down and move. That and a long history of freshwater tanks that still continues.

Things are going well in my current tank and it's just about to go into the next phase. The next few months should be fun.

-Hans
Long Island to South Dakota .... that is a fish out of water story if I ever heard one. I am getting My Cousin Vinny not Mrs. Doubtfire vibes....
either way, welcome to the fishy family! Glad to have you.
joe pesci youths GIF

OP
OP
hhaase

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long Island to South Dakota .... that is a fish out of water story if I ever heard one. I am getting My Cousin Vinny not Mrs. Doubtfire vibes....
either way, welcome to the fishy family! Glad to have you.
And I grew up about 100 yards from Long Island Sound. I still miss the smell of a proper beach..... oh and the food, I really miss the food.

But otherwise life out here fits me better. LI was just getting too crowded for me. Good place to raise a family here too, which was the biggest push to move.

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I spent a lot of years in Rapid City (Ellsworth AFB) in the 90's. Wasn't much in the way of on-line ordering or even LFS's back then. Reefing was in it's infancy and my location made it really tough. I hope it's better now. SD is gorgeous though.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back