New to hobby I think Clown fish has ich??

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've only had the tank running 2 weeks. Where did you get the fish? And since one is bigger, wondering more about werw you sold an adult fish? Only reason I ask is I made the mistake early on to buy a adult clownfish, not realizing at the time, why an adult clownfish was being sold.

Doesn't change the fact that your in a terrible situation.

My situation taught me to be more careful when I buy fish, and to quarentine EVERYTHING

OP
OP
Gonj

Gonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have done all you can at this point with what you have. A freshwater dip might well kill your clowns from the shock, so I'm not sure that I'd do that (if you were even considering it as an option). Sorry to hear about this turn of
You've only had the tank running 2 weeks. Where did you get the fish? And since one is bigger, wondering more about werw you sold an adult fish? Only reason I ask is I made the mistake early on to buy a adult clownfish, not realizing at the time, why an adult clownfish was being sold.

Doesn't change the fact that your in a terrible situation.

My situation taught me to be more careful when I buy fish, and to quarentine EVERYTHING
Yea this would be my second week, I purchased the larger one at my lfs they had tons and just scooped one out random for me. The smaller one I picked up at a petco I purposely went for a smaller one as I didn’t want to cause problems with my pre existing clown. I’ll definitely be quarantining from this point forward. I’m hoping at least my smaller one will pull through as it’s seemed fine up until transferring it into the smaller tank.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help hoping she’ll miraculously pull through :/
I know this is really tough, but most of us have been right there where you are now. It's not like you acted with malice here, and I'm sure you'll learn a lot from the experience.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back