New to hobby. Just purchased and added green clown goby

Shsimonin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new green clown goby and added into my Fluval evo 13.5
At first he hid in the rocks right away which i thought was pretty normal. But now that the lights are off and my two clowns are starting to sleep, I noticed the clown goby is in their sleeping area too which is in the corner of the tank in the sand and doesnt seem to be moving much. I'm just worried because i assumed they sleep in the rocks. Am I being too worried?

Parameters are mostly normal, tiny bit high on nutrients but thats about it. Only other fish are two clowns.

image.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HI, welcome to the reef... :)

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a perching fish, they find a spot to sit and just sit there. Usually they perch on corals, if you have no corals in your tank it wil sit on the sand or rocks. Mine lives on its favourite leather coral.

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clown goby doing clown goby things.

they will perch anywhere and everywhere. they arent too much of a swimming fish. they will obviously swim when thye move place to place, but they generally hang out in different areas. mine will hang out in the 90 degree corner of the tank glass and generally sleep in the branches of my hammer coral.

mine likes attention. if im standing in front of the tank, he will come to the front glass and many times perch himself on the front glass. ive even had him perch himself in my palm once when i had my hand in the tank

20230315_132532.jpg

Last edited:

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clown goby doing clown goby things.

they will perch anywhere and everywhere. they arent too much of a swimming fish. they will obviously swim when thye move place to place, but they generally hang out in different areas. mine will hang out in the 90 degree corner of the tank glass and generally sleep in the branches of my hammer coral.

mine likes attention. if im standing in front of the tank, he will come to the front glass and many times perch himself on the front glass. ive even had him perch himself in my palm once when i had my hand in the tank

20230315_132532.jpg
Gobies are weird… seems normal to me. Welcome to the hobby!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 144 61.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.1%
Back