New to LED's - need advice on intensity/schedules

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

Just got an AI Prime and I need some help figuring out the schedule, intensity, etc...

Quick current setup: I'm currently using a 2 bulb t5 fixture with ati bulbs, 54w blue plus and coral plus (I think) sitting at 6 inches above the water line. Tank is 14 deep from sand bed to water. Corals mostly sitting from sand bed as high as 6 inches only in the tank. Monti cap sitting at about 10 inches. Mostly LpS and softies.

The prime will sit 8 inches above water line.. and coming from t5's I've never had this much controllability with colors and intensity. Definitely do not want to ruin my corals. A good beginner schedule or recommendations would be great. What colors are good to use, too much of what is bad, etc...

If you can link me to a good article or setup too I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks!!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frustrating part is the is not that much out there on reactions to setting from AI. What I have learned is keep the reds and greens at about 5% and whites below %30. I run my Hydra's at 58w and that seems to work. Do an acclamation and watch and see how the corals react. The light are bright

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back