OP
OP
Kauai Kenny

Kauai Kenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! I agree with the build thread! or if you are in Hawaii you could always invite a fellow reefer over for some onsite advice!! just sayin

how do I find a reefer on Kauai? It’s let popular then you would think. They just go to the real thing

Hard to find info to help. All we have here on island is Petco

if you know to find or anyone here on my island that would be great!

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could anyone tell me the style of tank this is? Shape?
My stand is very questionable trying to see if I need to try and build a new one or buy one.

Suggestions on cleaning the tank? Or just water and sponge?
Welcome aboard!

I'd recommend going the diluted vinegar route. It will kill off any residual jump and make the process of removing whatever has encrusted much easier.

Be very careful with the acrylic - it scratches very easily.

And + for the build thread. It's always nice to share your Joy's and pitfalls. In terms of advice, I'd check out the BRS 52 weeks of reefing series and the supreme guide to getting started thread here on R2R.

Best,

Drew

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard!

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! And remember...

ZomboMeme 21112019213817.jpg

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do I find a reefer on Kauai?

If you go to the forums and scroll down a bunch there is a group page for every state where locals can post.

Another good place is to go to you LFS and start talking to people there. I think you said you only had a Petco but some of the employees might be involved in reefing or know of others who are as well.

Lastly you can check if you have any local reefing clubs. I looked on Facebook to see if there was anything in my area. I live in Maine, we are few and far between here, but I found local people through each of these things.

tvpham93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do I find a reefer on Kauai? It’s let popular then you would think. They just go to the real thing

Hard to find info to help. All we have here on island is Petco

if you know to find or anyone here on my island that would be great!

Hey there,
Reef keeping (coral wise) is very hard in Hawaii. With strict import laws it’s almost impossible to get corals in. I believe most tanks on Hawaii are FOWLR (fish only with live rock). My friend lives on the big island and when I visited him I couldn’t find any corals.

OP
OP
Kauai Kenny

Kauai Kenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,
Reef keeping (coral wise) is very hard in Hawaii. With strict import laws it’s almost impossible to get corals in. I believe most tanks on Hawaii are FOWLR (fish only with live rock). My friend lives on the big island and when I visited him I couldn’t find any corals.

Yeah it seems really difficult here. There are strict on imports of species.

I’m really just looking for assistance with this trickle filter thing that came with the tank.

I’ll probably stay to just live rock and fish.

They frown on you if you mess with that kine of stuff out here.

Plus we always have to move on the islands.

curious about using ocean water to begin the cycle process?

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a $100 acrylic tall tank and what looks like a sump and additional bio ball filtration tank (with a crack) that came with it.

The tank is pre plumbed from bottom of that tank into the stand. With what looks like maybe and internal overflow and a return.

This will be a project I’m sure. just look for some friendly advice and consultation regarding the initial set up of my new (hopefully
salt tank.

I’ll be posting pictures shortly of what I have so far and hoping I could get some assistance.

Mahalo Nui Lou for any assistance.
Please let me know if there is a specific member or forum I should check out as well.

aloha!

Really Great to have you as part of the R2R Family…WELCOME….

Explore…Learn…Share

1I3.gif

OP
OP
Kauai Kenny

Kauai Kenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aloha,

trying to figure out what brand of tank I have if possible.

I can’t seem to find these dimension online anywhere. Would that mean it’s a custom tank.

I have used the flat back hex tank calculator and add some Pics of measurements.

Any suggestions or feedback would be really appreciated.

Mahalo

Kenny

BBE62B97-CE7B-4BA2-886D-3D5848CBB3FA.jpeg 98A6E88C-A398-41A6-846F-4A1C117FDFB3.jpeg EE8E1D04-2C0D-411D-9BDD-13C34E917D2F.jpeg 6CE1988D-4BB1-465F-9B15-EFE73E1FF052.jpeg 56ADBBAD-C765-45DD-AC7A-03DC9C3491FC.jpeg 502FE22E-6333-4F49-AC5B-408AF93E4005.jpeg

Back