New (to me) Red Sea Reefer 250

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DelRayTank I'm really interested in how you like your Biota Coral Beauty and how it's doing. I've always enjoyed this specie and the captive bred part is a big plus for me from Biota. Were they in-stock when you ordered or did you have to wait? What was the size? Did it start to eat right away? Could you post some pictures? This fish is definitely on my list to get.

OP
OP
DelRayTank

DelRayTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DelRayTank I'm really interested in how you like your Biota Coral Beauty and how it's doing. I've always enjoyed this specie and the captive bred part is a big plus for me from Biota. Were they in-stock when you ordered or did you have to wait? What was the size? Did it start to eat right away? Could you post some pictures? This fish is definitely on my list to get.

I LOVE MY CORAL BEAUTY!

I picked him up at my LFS, on a visit when they were in stock. I had always wanted to keep one but have done the best to minimize my use of wild harvested animals so captive bred was the way to go.

He was pretty small when I got him and is still pretty small (probably about 2.5 inches long). I QTd him for 6 weeks before adding him to the display. He ate right away anything that I fed him (other than the Nori) and made it through QT without any problems.

in the display, he has taken to following my yellow tang around and emulates a lot of tang behaviors, including eating nori and picking at the rocks for algae all day long. He’s active and healthy and has not bothered any of my corals (fingers crossed)!

I highly recommend this fish.

39E0547D-6946-49E0-AA74-AF4B64BA1AD6.jpeg 8E0D050D-B737-45CF-9304-89ABBD3521F2.jpeg 583963D9-1F20-4654-9BFB-2F84C7B1E5BF.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back