OP
OP
Timothy McMeans

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I haven't had to dose the new tank yet but I would have done it like what you just mentioned I will make sure not to do that. I can't for the life of me remember how I did the old tanks.

I am sure if I keep adding corals I will have to start dosing soon

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like riding a bicycle. You'll remember it all very soon. When I started back in, it took me a bit to start remembering things what i used to do. I'm going to start dumping the chemicals down the overflow instead from now on.

OP
OP
Timothy McMeans

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple weeks ago I added 2 more fish to go with the firefish a royal gramma and 6 line wrasse. Then got 2 cleaner shrimp. I also got some other corals from fish store in Columbia and some others from a friend in New Jersey.

The green candy cane and zoa polyps were from Columbia and the Kenya tree and green mushrooms from the friend.

Been meaning to post that on here.

20180512_134256.jpg

20180505_141924.jpg

20180504_184702.jpg

20180504_184516.jpg

20180512_134156.jpg

20180512_134102.jpg

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's looking good. Just setup my RO/DI system making water right now. Had to disassemble a skimmer to clean cause it wasn't working properly but it is now. Had to recalibrate the eheim 300w heater cause it was over heating but it's working good now. Trying to get the aggressive tank ready for the new fishies that's coming soon.

OP
OP
Timothy McMeans

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get an rodi unit soon. Been going to Walmart and getting distilled water for now. They think I am crazy when I buy 30 gallons at a time.

How often do you clean your skimmer main unit and how often clean the collection cup?

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says to clean it every 2 months. But this is a used unit I bought from someone else. I didn't cleaned it first when I put it in. Some debris got sucked in but it wasn't working right to begin with so I took it apart and the air part was plugged. I clean the collection cup as needed.

OP
OP
Timothy McMeans

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I have been cleaning the collection cup every 4 days or so. I guess I need to look into cleaning the main unit and pump for it. Also the main return pump.

Need to make it a scheduled thing like every 2 to 3 months for it all or something like that.

Any thoughts?

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes cause it'll help everything work better and last longer. It's time to clean my other tank skimmer cause I'm about that time period already.

OP
OP
Timothy McMeans

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a plan I will set reminders in my phone to keep track of when to do it. I am 2 months into this new tank so far. So this weekend will be a good time to start this cleaning cycle.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on my 3rd month into the new tank. One week into the second.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was several nights ago but I have a lamp near by and the dark reflection making hard to see the tank.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is mostly purple now. The coraline is growing like mad. You'll get there in no time. Like I've said before this tank is only 3 months old.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! Just all of a sudden everything is turning purple. Placed some new rocks I found in my basement into the tank and they're turning purple too. I kept some rocks from before long ago.

OP
OP
Timothy McMeans

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No purple yet in the tank. I know my last big tank took about 6 months before it took off. I was hoping this one would of been faster.

Going on 3 months now

Back