New to Middle Tennessee but not Reef Tanks

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to agree. I got some purple ones but they did not survive but I also have the regular ones and they're just as nice.

OP
OP
Timothy McMeans

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I updated this thread.

Tank is doing great I think my dinoflagellates algae is gone for good this time. Less than 3 weeks the tank will have been set up for 1 yr now. Time really did fly this past year with it.

Current fish:
One Spot Foxface
Purple Firefish
Blue Eye Bristletooth Tang
2 Oscellaris Clowns
Royal Gramma
6 Line Wrasse
Long Nose Hawk

Current Corals:
Multi Color Hammer
Zoa Polyps Green & Blue
Purple & Green Favia
Purple Monti
Supernatural Monti
Hollywood Stunner
Acan
Tri Color Acro
Birdsnest Green Polyps
Birdsnest Brownish Polyps
Mushrooms Green
Kenya Tree
Ricordea Fl Orange
Metor Shower Cyphastrea

20190225_180620.jpg

20190225_180625.jpg

20190225_180629.jpg

20190225_180650.jpg

20190225_180653.jpg

20190225_180709.jpg

20190225_181036.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I updated this thread.

Tank is doing great I think my dinoflagellates algae is gone for good this time. Less than 3 weeks the tank will have been set up for 1 yr now. Time really did fly this past year with it.

Current fish:
One Spot Foxface
Purple Firefish
Blue Eye Bristletooth Tang
2 Oscellaris Clowns
Royal Gramma
6 Line Wrasse
Long Nose Hawk

Current Corals:
Multi Color Hammer
Zoa Polyps Green & Blue
Purple & Green Favia
Purple Monti
Supernatural Monti
Hollywood Stunner
Acan
Tri Color Acro
Birdsnest Green Polyps
Birdsnest Brownish Polyps
Mushrooms Green
Kenya Tree
Ricordea Fl Orange
Metor Shower Cyphastrea

20190225_180620.jpg

20190225_180625.jpg

20190225_180629.jpg

20190225_180650.jpg

20190225_180653.jpg

20190225_180709.jpg

20190225_181036.jpg
Looking good. Glad to hear the dinos are on the way out.

I think they came my way though lol. Working on getting my large frag tank rid of them. Dosing nitrate and phosphate right now and it is helping a ton. The cheato in its sump has finally taken off like the rest of the tanks.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking good! Glad to hear there is an end to dinos... I'm still battling them!!!!

OP
OP
Timothy McMeans

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Glad to hear the dinos are on the way out.

I think they came my way though lol. Working on getting my large frag tank rid of them. Dosing nitrate and phosphate right now and it is helping a ton. The cheato in its sump has finally taken off like the rest of the tanks.
Thanks Steve. I hope they dont stick around long for you either. I stopped dosing the nitrates and phosphate and went with heavily feeding the tank and not rinsing the frozen foods.

OP
OP
Timothy McMeans

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking good! Glad to hear there is an end to dinos... I'm still battling them!!!!
Thank you!! I am very happy with my tank now. Well I was always happy even with full blown dino but even more happy with them gone. I hope your dino dont stick around long either.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Steve. I hope they dont stick around long for you either. I stopped dosing the nitrates and phosphate and went with heavily feeding the tank and not rinsing the frozen foods.
36x24x8 inch tall frag tank sucks for fish lol. I have a 6 line and a pair of clowns in it. Only so much I can feed lol. But being as it is now full of zoas, the dosing will stop once I get them light acclimated and start loading them up with reef roids.

I am also debating on pulling the rock from the sump. My DIY rock recipe seems to provide bacteria with a ton of surface area. All tanks with it have to be dosed, and the jbj 45 with pukani is a constant battle to get them down lol.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very pretty tank Mikey. That monti cap really has taken off for you
It took off like mad. I broke some awhile back and give them away and it recovered right away. I left a pea size on a piece of rock accidentally and it's taken off like 4x3 inches already. I may need to break some soon as they're covering the corals below.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took off like mad. I broke some awhile back and give them away and it recovered right away. I left a pea size on a piece of rock accidentally and it's taken off like 4x3 inches already. I may need to break some soon as they're covering the corals below.
If you break some off, yell at me. Paxtin has been wanting some for his tank.

OP
OP
Timothy McMeans

Timothy McMeans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you break some off, yell at me. Paxtin has been wanting some for his tank.
I have a purple cap I can break a peice off of for you. I wont be going to SA this month but the following I will be going to the meeting. Unless you want to pickup in Spring Hill

I would like a peice if you do break some off as well.

36x24x8 inch tall frag tank sucks for fish lol. I have a 6 line and a pair of clowns in it. Only so much I can feed lol. But being as it is now full of zoas, the dosing will stop once I get them light acclimated and start loading them up with reef roids.

I am also debating on pulling the rock from the sump. My DIY rock recipe seems to provide bacteria with a ton of surface area. All tanks with it have to be dosed, and the jbj 45 with pukani is a constant battle to get them down lol.

Oh very true on limited for fish. I would be dosing as well then. Best of luck with it

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can break some decent nice sized pieces for both of you no problem. Just let me know when you guys be out this way or meet at critters.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.5%
Back