New to Planning Plumbing, Wiring, and Installation

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In stead of removing the window(which might not be possible depending on how the door is built), I suggest just taking the whole door frame out.

To save adding another post, if your door frame is 36" wide, it would be a tight squeeze but if you tipped the tank on its side you might get away without removing anything. Obviously the more room you have the better, but just another option...

OP
OP
ElussssvReefSD

ElussssvReefSD

Be Nice to Coral-Nippers!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In stead of removing the window(which might not be possible depending on how the door is built), I suggest just taking the whole door frame out.

The entire door-frame inside edge to edge is 50 inches. Hoping not to have to remove the entire frame and only remove the windowed section... but plan B is removing and replacing the whole thing as you suggest.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The entire door-frame inside edge to edge is 50 inches. Hoping not to have to remove the entire frame and only remove the windowed section... but plan B is removing and replacing the whole thing as you suggest.

What I'm getting at is if it's a pre-assembled door and side light (Window) by removing the window you will essentially destroy the whole thing. Most doors like that with sidelights aren't designed to be put back together...

Last edited:
OP
OP
ElussssvReefSD

ElussssvReefSD

Be Nice to Coral-Nippers!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'm getting at is if it's a pretty assembled door and side light (Window) by removing the window you will essentially destroy the whole thing. Most doors like that with sidelights aren't designed to be put back together...

Well, if we cannot simply remove the side-light frame, then yeah we won't have a choice and will have to remove the whole frame. In which case I'll have to make sure my partner isn't home to see what we're doing LoL.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if we cannot simply remove the side-light frame, then yeah we won't have a choice and will have to remove the whole frame. In which case I'll have to make sure my partner isn't home to see what we're doing LoL.

I just don't want to see you totally ruin your door that's all. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back