New to R2R, 7 month old fluval evo

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys/gals, new to R2R but working on my little science project with this fluval evo over the past 7 months, been browsing these forums for help, figured I'd sign up! Had a fresh water tank back in my 10s/20s, but have always appreciated the effort of the salt water side, and now that I have the time and stability, I can join in.
IMG_3938.jpg
IMG_3939.jpg
Welcome (again, in this thread)!

Thanks for sharing photo. Eventually a moderator will come by and cleanup one of two posts. If you edit whichever post/thread you don't want so that has nothing within it, it likely helps them. I don't know of any way we can delete duplicates ourselves, but I did also do it once, so in one I edited and it just had <delete accidental duplicate>

Don't worry about it - It all works out

Evo R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I also have an evo. Would you mind sharing what you ordered for the random flow generator? Are you running the intank media basket/s? Wondering because I don’t see the hole in the chamber wall. Any issues with high nitrates. Running into a bit of an issue with that right now. Even though I I just did multiple water changes over the past couple days.

When last did you remove all the filtration and hardware in the back section and siphoned out all the detritus build up???

Detritus accumulates and builds up overtime especially in AIO tank sump sections. And 99.9% of all AIO sump sections are pitch black in the bottom so you hardly notice it unless you shine a torch in there.

Take a torch and shine it into one of the first or second chambers and see if you can see the bottom.....you will quickly see if you found your Nitrate factory not ....

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When last did you remove all the filtration and hardware in the back section and siphoned out all the detritus build up???

Detritus accumulates and builds up overtime especially in AIO tank sump sections. And 99.9% of all AIO sump sections are pitch black in the bottom so you hardly notice it unless you shine a torch in there.

Take a torch and shine it into one of the first or second chambers and see if you can see the bottom.....you will quickly see if you found your Nitrate factory not ....
I did it yesterday. Still testing high. Red Sea kit.

TimD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys/gals, new to R2R but working on my little science project with this fluval evo over the past 7 months, been browsing these forums for help, figured I'd sign up! Had a fresh water tank back in my 10s/20s, but have always appreciated the effort of the salt water side, and now that I have the time and stability, I can join in.
IMG_3938.jpg
IMG_3939.jpg
Hi there from the UK great tank I also have one

Evo R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it yesterday. Still testing high. Red Sea kit.

Lets work through the list then.

Clean filter sock / floss?
Using and form of sponges in the back section that might be full of detritus?
Sand bed cleaned / siphoned to remove detritus pockets / bombs?
All live stock accounted for? Nothing missing and possibly dead and decomposing somewhere?
Using any form of Bio media that might be clogged and full of detritus?

Maybe faulty test kit? Have you verified your reading with any other test kit? Fellow reefer or LFS ?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! This is the greatest place in Reefing to be. By far the best on the internet and best forum around. Every one is so friendly and so very helpful. Feel free to ask any questions and you will get so many great answers. This is the place to be. You will get advice and make many new friends. Welcome to the PARTY!

Side note: I have a 13.5 evo i just started!

Happy Birthday Pig GIF by Angry Birds

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3938.jpg
IMG_3939.jpg
Welcome!!! Amazing tank!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back