New to R2R and just wanted to say hi!

OnlyTono

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to R2R - only been here for a few weeks and finally getting around to posting an intro thread.

I have a 5+year old mixed reef that has been through all the stages our tanks go through from the, "New tank" stage, to the, "ugly algae tank" stage to the, "kills everything but the ugly corals" stage, and is finally entering the "wow" stage. At least I like to think so.

• The display is 125 Gallons
  • Lighting consists of 3 Gen 3 Radions over the display and 1 Ai Prime over the refugium
  • The Display Refugium (one of my favorite parts) was a custom build by R2Rs's own Octo Aquatics (@cromag08)
  • The Stand is a custom steel stand powder coated with a gloss aqua blue and places the display tank right about eye level.
  • Flow is handled by 2, MP40 a pumps, a waveline DC6000 return pump and a handful of RFG - Random Flow Generator Nozzles.
  • Aquamaxx Skimmer (forgot the model number - M200 or something that)
  • The Skimmer sump was a custom build by a local Acrylic Shop
  • And finally, a NextReef BioPellet reactor running about 300ml of EcoBak Plus pellets

Here are a few pics. I would love some feedback
FTS125_0233.jpg FTS_0192.jpg IMG_1707.jpg 125FTS_0168.jpg FTS125_0236.jpg FTS125_0237.jpg IMG_1686.jpg IMG_1693.jpg IMG_1704.jpg IMG_1705.jpg FTS125_0243.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Wow I love the tank and stand -- I've never seen another tank featured like that underneath, that looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing! :)

OP
OP
OnlyTono

OnlyTono

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!
Wow I love the tank and stand -- I've never seen another tank featured like that underneath, that looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing! :)

I added that back in September of last yea. it replaced two smaller tanks - one a smaller refugium that housed the usual cheto and one that had an algae scrubber. I wanted somewhere to keep a more softie dominated tank since the display tank is going in the SPS dominant direction, but didn't want to maintain two separate systems. It's worked out pretty well so far.

It's fed by a small 1/2" pipe off the main return line, and drains back into the Skimmer sump area. So it stays pretty clean and is easy to maintain. I can also isolate it completely from the main system, should I need to, by simply closing the valve on it's feed line without disrupting anything else.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I know that tank from Facebook! It's a beautiful tank, no matter where it's seen.

Welcome aboard!

What is that tiny fish in photo #7? A shoal of those would, I think, add an element that many reef tanks are missing.

~Bruce

OP
OP
OnlyTono

OnlyTono

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...What is that tiny fish in photo #7? A shoal of those would, I think, add an element that many reef tanks are missing.
~Bruce

It's a Masked Goby. Pretty cool little fish. I keep him(assuming it;s a him) in the 20gallon Refugium down below.

They only get at max, about 2in long and they have a mostly transparent body - all their coloration appears to be inside, just under the surface. Ive only ever seen one at a time in fish stores, so I don't know who they do in groups.

Here's and older pic this fish.
IMG_0750.JPG

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to Reef2reef i just wanted to stop and say hi what an amazing set up you have, it will be great for your start here we have lots to talk about so many questions you will love the threads and all the people that that you will come across. Thank you for sharing your venture and starting a new adventure with us, again welcome to Reef2Reef and welcome to your new home

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back