New to R2R and Reefing in general!

PaPaWicked85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I'm new to Reefing, but have been debating the hobby for some years now. I have kept freshwater tanks for many years and am absolutely in love with aquatic life, so I've decided to take the plunge into the world of Reefing! I'm starting with a 40 gal tank that I've had sitting around. I'll have to do a build post later as I collect pieces. Looking forward to all your feedback and suggestions!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Whiskeyboy84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I'm new to Reefing, but have been debating the hobby for some years now. I have kept freshwater tanks for many years and am absolutely in love with aquatic life, so I've decided to take the plunge into the world of Reefing! I'm starting with a 40 gal tank that I've had sitting around. I'll have to do a build post later as I collect pieces. Looking forward to all your feedback and suggestions!
Welcome I too made the jump from freshwater to Salt lol it’s a little bit different but especially if you want a reef tank and not just a Fowlr system best advice I was given is find one person in the hobby as a mentor and let them guide you as with anything everyone has an opinion and different ways of doing things so taking advice from multiple individuals could set you up for failure. Good luck with your build and welcome this is a great community.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

I made the jump from freshwater a long time ago now and I'm so glad I did. This hobby is amazing and never gets old.

OP
OP
PaPaWicked85

PaPaWicked85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome I too made the jump from freshwater to Salt lol it’s a little bit different but especially if you want a reef tank and not just a Fowlr system best advice I was given is find one person in the hobby as a mentor and let them guide you as with anything everyone has an opinion and different ways of doing things so taking advice from multiple individuals could set you up for failure. Good luck with your build and welcome this is a great community.
Thank you! I'm fortunate to have not one but 2 LFS nearby that specialize in reefs that are always actively trying to grow the community, very supportive and knowledgeable. They actually recommended R2R as a good community for the hobby, in fact. Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.3%
Back