New to R2R and Reeftanks. Hi!

carlsj2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I'll be starting a new reef tank in the next year or so, and wanted to get a head start on what I'll need, tips and tricks, etc...

I've been keeping a freshwater planted tank for the last 3 years, and will be making the plunge into the reef world, as I think the contrasting tanks would look pretty cool next to each other. We are soon moving to a new home and was planning to pick up two Red Sea Reefer 250s. One for freshwater, one for reef. I know it's a bit higher on the price range, but I like the way they look and wanted both tanks to be identical.

On the reef tank, I'm really quite new to this and have been scatter brained at all the information out there. I'll be posting questions in other threads for recommendations on equipment, test kits, water change methods, and day to day tips and tricks.

Looking forward to working with you all.

John aka carlsj2012

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! You may find this R2R article helpful:

All the best in your new adventure!

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
Whale GIF

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I'll be starting a new reef tank in the next year or so, and wanted to get a head start on what I'll need, tips and tricks, etc...

I've been keeping a freshwater planted tank for the last 3 years, and will be making the plunge into the reef world, as I think the contrasting tanks would look pretty cool next to each other. We are soon moving to a new home and was planning to pick up two Red Sea Reefer 250s. One for freshwater, one for reef. I know it's a bit higher on the price range, but I like the way they look and wanted both tanks to be identical.

On the reef tank, I'm really quite new to this and have been scatter brained at all the information out there. I'll be posting questions in other threads for recommendations on equipment, test kits, water change methods, and day to day tips and tricks.

Looking forward to working with you all.

John aka carlsj2012
Hi John and Welcome!

We all were new to reef tanks at one time too, so we understand. Glad you joined

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back