New to R2R but not the hobby

J N M Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone

my name is mike I have been in the hobby for about 15 years now, I live, breathe, and sleep everything aquatic. I have a Masters in Marine biology, and I aquaculture fish for the state of Florida, I am in the process of moving my business up from the FL Keys to Kissimmee FL. I am constructing a 400 sqft fish and coral room at the house and a 13263 sqft coral farm about 6 miles from the house. I will hope to have the farm finished in the next 6 months and the fish room at the house done in the next month. I look forward to meeting with you all and becoming a active member here at R2R.

OP
OP
J

J N M Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. You should have come to tampa sarasota are lol. Jk. Good luck with ur ventures and cant wait to see some pix
I lived in north port for the last two months while I was closing on my house here in Kissimmee, liked it but I have a full time job as a Marine biologist breeding fish for the stat of Florida, I am slowly trying to leave the working for others life and move in to my own business did it for a side thing in the keys for the last 4 years and now am taking the dive into it full time but I am waiting tell I have it all set up. the end goal is to be completely full time running the coral farm in the next 6 months.

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey DLH Design how do you obtain the ribbons and badges under you name on your posts? that is cool and shows your support.
Great question!
The badges are achieved through various actions that are deemed to contribute to the forum at-large. Some are via financial investments, while others are through your own posts, and still others are through community voting - and so on.

The very noticeable red "Build Thread Contributor", for example, can be gotten by creating your own "build thread" in one of these forums. Once started, request to join the "Build Thread Contributor" group (here).
You can also get the "Partner Member 2018" badge here.
Finally, you can upgrade your account to a "R2R Supporter" here.

OP
OP
J

J N M Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question!
The badges are achieved through various actions that are deemed to contribute to the forum at-large. Some are via financial investments, while others are through your own posts, and still others are through community voting - and so on.

The very noticeable red "Build Thread Contributor", for example, can be gotten by creating your own "build thread" in one of these forums. Once started, request to join the "Build Thread Contributor" group (here).
You can also get the "Partner Member 2018" badge here.
Finally, you can upgrade your account to a "R2R Supporter" here.

thanks for that I will have to get these taken care of in the next few days.... would love to help all I can.

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lived in north port for the last two months while I was closing on my house here in Kissimmee, liked it but I have a full time job as a Marine biologist breeding fish for the stat of Florida, I am slowly trying to leave the working for others life and move in to my own business did it for a side thing in the keys for the last 4 years and now am taking the dive into it full time but I am waiting tell I have it all set up. the end goal is to be completely full time running the coral farm in the next 6 months.

Awesome hope to be buying corals from u.

OP
OP
J

J N M Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, we're happy your here. Can't wait to see some pictures!!!:D
I will try to get some of the screened in room that I have closed in on the house and the new room addition we are starting between the two area I will have a little over 400 sqft in the house one room will all be tanks and the next room is going to be the coral fragging station and filtration systems. I have the screened in room closed in so far but we are adding insulation to it and electrical in the next few days. want to get my remaining livestock moved up from the keys soon. and need a good place to hold inventory tell the farm is complete. have a lot of nice mother colonies.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

We are going to need TONS of pics and updates about all of this, I hope you’re aware of this! :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back