New to R2R, here’s my build

ReeferDave79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of the responses I recieved to my introduction post asked for a build thread. So without further ado, here it is!

I currently have a 40g breeder with a 20g long custom made sump. Both tanks were bought second hand and cleaned up and resealed by me. I started with live sand, and dry rock I had curing in saltwater for about 4 months. I’m not very artistic, so my rockscape isn’t that great, but it made me happy enough to use for my first marine tank.

My sump houses a 4” felt filter sock that I change out once a week. Also in the first compartment is a reef octopus 110 internal protein skimmer that drains into a 5g bucket and a Jeager Eheim 50w heater controlled by a BRS heater controller. The next chamber is my refugium that has 36 2” marine pure cubes lining the bottom, and cheato to absorb excess nutrients. Hanging overhead is a Kessil H160 Tuna Flora light. After my refugium is a narrow chamber I use for any media I may need, and also some filter floss to keep my return section clean and clear. Then lastly I have a Sicce Syncra 3.0 return pump to keep the water flowing through the system, and a primary BRS Titanium heater also controlled by the same BRS controller mentioned above.
95C85C96-2595-4CE5-939E-E7E05E06CBB0.jpeg
030AAC7E-4350-4137-99A2-A23534913F0A.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back