New to R2R, here's a little about me...

K-Philly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Alabama! I am currently a Pre-Vet student attending Auburn University. I am finishing my first BA degree in Agricultural Science, and then I will pursue a second BA in Pre-Vet Animal Science. In case you are wondering, Agricultural Science is actually considered non-traditional Pre-Vet. I currently work in the horse Industry as a barn hand, at our University's barn. Our barn currently houses the 3 time defending National Championship Equestrian team, so it has been a privileged to work alongside of them when caring for the horses. After I complete both of my BA degrees, I hope to apply for admittance into our Veterinary School.

When not caring for horses, I tend to another passion of mine. I'm a biology guy, so of course aquariums intrigue me! Currently, I have 100G saltwater tank that is waiting for use upon my move to my new apartment. It is not my first aquarium, and I am excited to get it going. I designed and built my own sump out of a 55G tank. I currently have a tunze wavebox that I will use for movement of my water. I actually need to look at my return pump model, and refresh my memory on it it as well. But I also built my own stand for it too.

I like to make 3D models of all my plans when possible. I can post them here if anyone is interested. I like to participate as well. So, I like to research specific topics and post my findings. Recently, I posted a detailed thread another site with more thorough findings on the Nitrogen Cycle. I would be more than happen to post that on here as well, if anyone is interested. I like this hobby because it is exactly as hard as we make it. There are so many routes you can take. I know more about biology then Chemistry, but I do have a basic understanding of Chemistry. Understanding at the minimum of how these topics co-exist can help an aquarium hobbyist tremendously. I take Chemistry 2 this summer, so hopefully I will gain more understanding of it. I am currently in Microbiology and we covered the Nitrogen and the Carbon cycle. So, I am hoping that I have many opportunities to help anyone in any way I can. I am happy to be here and ready to get involved!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
giphy.gif
#WelcometoR2R

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

I can't wait to see photos of the tank and your build thread! :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back