New to R2R, my 40 breeder mixed reef

Nicjack98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my 40 breeder mixed reef that ive had running (with coral) for about 8 months now. I have a melanarus wrasse, black ice clown, small sailfin tang, and lawnmower algea blenny along with many mixed corals. The tank is young but has already proved fairly successful with good stable water chemistry and decent stony growth. The frogspawn on left side has nearly doubled in size since i bought it as has the elegance toward the right. My sps growth has already been better than any of my other tanks (3 before this one) thanks to the stability in alk, calcium, and ph i think more than anything. For lighting i have one gen 3 Radion XR15 pro and for flow i use two mp10s in addition to the 1250gph return which i dont quite run on full power. I have a simple 20g long as my sump with a small section i tried to run cheato in for a while. It wasn’t successful and the algea slowy began to die off so i simply filled the section with rubble. I run a Vertex omega 130 protein skimmer as well as a brs dual media reactor filled with carbon and a small amount of gfo. For dosing i use b-ionic through Brs stand alone dosing pumps set for 3 smaller doses throughout the day. I use acro power once a week and for feeding i use reef roids and Piscne mysis shrimp. Let me know what you think! I know im pushing things a little bit and simply hope that what i have is sustainable and going to flourish long term.

42190FE6-A0ED-473A-AA18-C48F214F6DC5.jpeg 6DBEA7D1-25FE-49FC-9056-D776C0240E38.jpeg

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my 40 breeder mixed reef that ive had running (with coral) for about 8 months now. I have a melanarus wrasse, black ice clown, small sailfin tang, and lawnmower algea blenny along with many mixed corals. The tank is young but has already proved fairly successful with good stable water chemistry and decent stony growth. The frogspawn on left side has nearly doubled in size since i bought it as has the elegance toward the right. My sps growth has already been better than any of my other tanks (3 before this one) thanks to the stability in alk, calcium, and ph i think more than anything. For lighting i have one gen 3 Radion XR15 pro and for flow i use two mp10s in addition to the 1250gph return which i dont quite run on full power. I have a simple 20g long as my sump with a small section i tried to run cheato in for a while. It wasn’t successful and the algea slowy began to die off so i simply filled the section with rubble. I run a Vertex omega 130 protein skimmer as well as a brs dual media reactor filled with carbon and a small amount of gfo. For dosing i use b-ionic through Brs stand alone dosing pumps set for 3 smaller doses throughout the day. I use acro power once a week and for feeding i use reef roids and Piscne mysis shrimp. Let me know what you think! I know im pushing things a little bit and simply hope that what i have is sustainable and going to flourish long term.

42190FE6-A0ED-473A-AA18-C48F214F6DC5.jpeg 6DBEA7D1-25FE-49FC-9056-D776C0240E38.jpeg
Welcome to R2R

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice work on the tank

welcome54.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! It looks like you are off to a good start!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back