New to R2R. Red Sea Max E-170

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. new to R2R and im getting my first saltwater aquarium very soon itll be the red sea max e 170. i want to know if this is a good starter tank and ive been doing research so i want to know if i should make any upgrades right away? Also i want to know how many and what kind of fish best suit this tank. Any responses greatly appreciated. Thx
Welcome!

whale GIF

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello. new to R2R and im getting my first saltwater aquarium very soon itll be the red sea max e 170. i want to know if this is a good starter tank and ive been doing research so i want to know if i should make any upgrades right away? Also i want to know how many and what kind of fish best suit this tank. Any responses greatly appreciated. Thx
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter has this same tank and it's a really great starter tank. The Reef LED 90 that comes with it grows corals great!. All we are doing is a 10% (5g) water change every week vacuuming the sand at the same time. I put a small wave pump in the bottom rear corner and a RFG nozzle, (random flow generator), to help with the flow. So far all the corals and anemones are happy.

kevin318

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, its a great place to get information for you new hobby. If you are new, watch as many BRSTV videos as you can, ask questions, and be patient. Nothing comes quick with this hobby. Are you planning to do fish only or dabble with corals? Plan this stuff out before you spend any money, it will be worth the time spent. Good luck and good fortune with your new tank.

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community. This is a great place of help full folks and lots of info in all the various forums. Been here doing my homework for 6 months. The tank is about you and your dreams. If you want a certain fish or coral, read about it and seek out the pros and cons then decide if it’s for you or not.

Good luck, someday we will be able to look at each other’s build threads because the homework will be done. ;)

DukeLeto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef. I've had an E170 for about 18 months now. I put up a build thread and you can see that upgrades I made and the issues that I have had. Overall, its a good system and Ill think you'll like it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back